Just scammed by Andrew Pike

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
KateP
Expatriate
Denmark

Just scammed by Andrew Pike

Post by KateP »

Hi

I have just been scammed by Andrew (Drew) Pike out of $300 for medical supplies. He knows full well they were essential. I then with horror realised as I looked him up, he has a history going back decades of defrauding people.

I have contacted the federal police here, DFAT and cc'd in a media outlet. I have contacted the Australian embassy in Cambodia and the Cambodian embassy in Australia.

Can anyone provide me with an email address in Cambodia of the head of the police there or any other departments that may look into it.

He needs to be stopped. Thanks Kate
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Just scammed by Andrew Pike

Post by Alex »

KateP wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:53 pm Hi

I have just been scammed by Andrew (Drew) Pike out of $300 for medical supplies. He knows full well they were essential. I then with horror realised as I looked him up, he has a history going back decades of defrauding people.

I have contacted the federal police here, DFAT and cc'd in a media outlet. I have contacted the Australian embassy in Cambodia and the Cambodian embassy in Australia.

Can anyone provide me with an email address in Cambodia of the head of the police there or any other departments that may look into it.

Kate, with all due respect, even if you had the phone number of the "head of police" of Cambodia, he won't be interested in your loss of $300. And neither is your "federal police", I suspect.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I respectfully suggest to offer the local police a $300 reward

And he'll be nicked within an hour
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:22 pm

I respectfully suggest to offer the local police a $300 reward

And he'll be nicked within an hour
Unless, of course, he matches and then outbids your $300.
Most people on here will be genuinely sorry that you've been scammed, but those same people will also tell you not to waste your time and effort chasing it, that's just the way it is.
At least you know you've done your bit by making others aware.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

To be clear... you ordered $300 of essential medical suppliers from a complete stranger in Cambodia, and by your admission without any due diligence or research, and you are now surprised that you got scammed? Really?

And now you want help with more idiotic ideas like emailing the chief of police and wasting the time of media outlets and consular staff at two Embassies.

You need protecting from yourself.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Contact interpol, they'll fix everything.

Also notify all embassies, every single one in Cambodia.

In addition, post on facebook in every group. Without a doubt 100s of people will jump to your aid.

Let us know when you're reunited with your $, we'll all be delighted for you.
KateP
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by KateP »

The police here in Aus are investigating. There are now 10 complainants. He has been selling through what appeared to be a bona fide internet shop. It's not just some random transaction with a stranger, it's not just me. There are 10 current victims in the last 6 months that I know off but people are coming out of the woodwork from the last 2 - 3 years. He has a history of fraud, served time in a Cambodian prison for defrauding a Cambodian national.

Alex wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:19 pm

Kate, with all due respect, even if you had the phone number of the "head of police" of Cambodia, he won't be interested in your loss of $300. And neither is your "federal police", I suspect.
KateP
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by KateP »

What level of thick are you?

The police here in Aus are investigating. There are now 10 complainants. He has been selling through what appeared to be a bona fide internet shop. It's not just some random transaction with a stranger, it's not just me. There are 10 current victims in the last 6 months that I know off but people are coming out of the woodwork from the last 2 - 3 years. He has a history of fraud, served time in a Cambodian prison for defrauding a Cambodian national.

Doc67 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:44 pm

To be clear... you ordered $300 of essential medical suppliers from a complete stranger in Cambodia, and by your admission without any due diligence or research, and you are now surprised that you got scammed? Really?

And now you want help with more idiotic ideas like emailing the chief of police and wasting the time of media outlets and consular staff at two Embassies.

You need protecting from yourself.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

KateP wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:21 pm The police here in Aus are investigating. There are now 10 complainants. He has been selling through what appeared to be a bona fide internet shop. It's not just some random transaction with a stranger, it's not just me. There are 10 current victims in the last 6 months that I know off but people are coming out of the woodwork from the last 2 - 3 years. He has a history of fraud, served time in a Cambodian prison for defrauding a Cambodian national.

Alex wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:19 pm

We're well aware of his history. And he does need to be dealt with (again), agreed.

Can you elaborate on that bona fide internet shop? Is that a shop he has set up specifically for himself, or was he using a 3rd party that let him list his products? Does this shop appear to be operated from Australia, or Cambodia, or elsewhere?

Finally, how did you pay? There might be an option to get the payment returned by the payment processor especially if it's on obvious case of fraud. Have you looked into this?
KateP
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by KateP »

We know every aspect of what he has done. He's initially a good conman but he's thick as shit and can't sustain it. He's only got away with it for so long because when people confront him he becomes threatening and nasty. Most people back off. I must have had 30 emails off him last night, each one threatening me. I just sent crying with laughter emojis back. I'm not even so pissed off for myself but he's just robbed someone with cancer for thousands. He's a fucking parasite and needs teaching a lesson.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic