New location of restaurant - NORDIC HOUSE THREE RIVERS

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Poly keng
Tourist
Cambodia

New location of restaurant - NORDIC HOUSE THREE RIVERS

Post by Poly keng »

NORDIC THREE RIVERS
Nordic Three Rivers is a continuation of the restaurant at former Nordic House.
The Cambodian owner of this new restaurant was the co owner and manager at Nordic House.
The restaurant is run by himself and his family.
Still the good selection of Khmer and European food,
To very reasonable prices.
The restaurant has already received very good reviews at Google and Tripadvisor.
Former and new customers are most welcome to our small restaurant!
(Order take away nham 24 and grab)
Address #164. Str13 between Phsar Kandal and National Museum.
Thank you for your kind read all our information.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New location of restaurant - NORDIC HOUSE THREE RIVERS

Post by Lost50 »

Good job Polly.

Did that old fart keel over?
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

The restaurant is next door to David's Noodles. Very good selection of Western and Asian dishes. No frills, just straight up fresh food, served in a timely fashion. Polly is a kind, chatty guy. Good luck.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Yep, i crossed Polly also on his motorbike near phsar kandal last year. unfortunally i didnt make it to his place. used to be one of my favorites as it was in front of my hotel. His ex boss, the norwegian guy i saw 2 years ago a couple of days after the border opened and he said he was 75 (??) and time to retire. Will for sure do a walk in in the next week and also curious what David says when i dont walk in his bussiness, hahaha !!
Poly keng
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Poly keng »

Thank you sir we will see you soon .
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:28 am Yep, i crossed Polly also on his motorbike near phsar kandal last year. unfortunally i didnt make it to his place. used to be one of my favorites as it was in front of my hotel. His ex boss, the norwegian guy i saw 2 years ago a couple of days after the border opened and he said he was 75 (??) and time to retire. Will for sure do a walk in in the next week and also curious what David says when i dont walk in his bussiness, hahaha !!
Was that a side reference to Lauren and Bacall (as well as the noodles)?

Edit - I mean Bogie & Bacall
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

And who are Lauren and Becall ?? Or Bogie ?? No idea !! I know Davids place for some years, but the nordic-house well before. The food in both place are similar priced (before covid) and the quality is also similar. David is a smart guy as he does daily several "noodle-shows" at the front of the restaurant with a lot of banging, and ofcourse the several backpackers who make a video of that and then write a travel-blog who nobody reads and the video dissapears in some video-file and will be forgotten. But okay, thats the modern times. Its similar as a wedding video, you want to show to everybody but in fact everybody will fall asleep after 5 minutes !! I learned that from a guy who works in the film-industry: "its very hard to keep 5 minutes from everybodys attention" !! ??
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:58 am And who are Lauren and Becall ?? Or Bogie ?? No idea !! I know Davids place for some years, but the nordic-house well before. The food in both place are similar priced (before covid) and the quality is also similar. David is a smart guy as he does daily several "noodle-shows" at the front of the restaurant with a lot of banging, and ofcourse the several backpackers who make a video of that and then write a travel-blog who nobody reads and the video dissapears in some video-file and will be forgotten. But okay, thats the modern times. Its similar as a wedding video, you want to show to everybody but in fact everybody will fall asleep after 5 minutes !! I learned that from a guy who works in the film-industry: "its very hard to keep 5 minutes from everybodys attention" !! ??
David is a good salesman, but his noodles are way overrated and left me very much underwhelmed. Much better fresh noodles and dumplings to be had elsewhere.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:58 am And who are Lauren and Becall ?? Or Bogie ?? No idea !! I know Davids place for some years, but the nordic-house well before. The food in both place are similar priced (before covid) and the quality is also similar. David is a smart guy as he does daily several "noodle-shows" at the front of the restaurant with a lot of banging, and ofcourse the several backpackers who make a video of that and then write a travel-blog who nobody reads and the video dissapears in some video-file and will be forgotten. But okay, thats the modern times. Its similar as a wedding video, you want to show to everybody but in fact everybody will fall asleep after 5 minutes !! I learned that from a guy who works in the film-industry: "its very hard to keep 5 minutes from everybodys attention" !! ??
Bogie & Bacall was the bar next to Nordic in the original (I think) location for awhile. David Fletcher was involved in it. Used to get his nose out of joint if people sent their money at Nordic and then didn’t spend some at Bogie & Bacall.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Yes Violet. Those were the days, Fletch and Shane. Fletch with the red bandana and taking money from the gullible to run tip trips to feed the kids.
The best story about those two was when they hired the tuktuk to bring them back from Snookyville. There was an argument over the fare outside the bar and Shane slashed the seats with a knife.
Eventually Fletch ended up in Noel’s old bar on 51 still doing tip trips before the shit hit the fan..,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic