Just for fun: which was ur 1st mobile?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!

Just for fun/ Which was ur 1st mobile?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:27 pm

22%
61%
No votes
4%
4%
4%
No votes
4%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 23
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Just for fun: which was ur 1st mobile?

Post by crob »

the good old 3330, they dont make them like that anymore.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:27 pm Image
My very first one was a Samsung 3GSM in 2005.Imodel E340, I paid 2,200 baht in Bangkok.
Boredom is like a shroud
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I don't remember but it was one of these types. I think it was Ericson, with a pully-outey aerial. I later learned that apparently, the aerials weren't attached to anything inside and did nothing. They were only there because when mobile phones first started to become popular, people didn't trust phones without an aerial, so fearing a loss of sales, manufacturers put dummy ones in.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

I remember racking up a six hundred pound bill in a month.
Most of the calls were made when I was outside people's houses telling them Im outside and coming in....lol what a cunt...
One good thing about that phone was, you could use it for self defensive as well. It probably weighed over a couple of kilos.
WildAlaskaKen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildAlaskaKen »

beaker wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:06 pm Image
I had one of those in my car. My first mobile was a DynaTac, cost me $2000 USD in 198?
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I started in 93-94 with a fixed phone from Motorola in my truck, it didnt work in Spain but in most european countries it did. Cheapest option that time was a german sim-card. Invoices came in monthly between 500 and 1000 euros. Later i had a Siemens mobile and around 97 i moved to Nokia, had probably 20 of them and still have one !! The 5210 shock-proof was the best ever. I moved over to a Xiaomi-smartphone 2 years ago because of the Thais: they wanted to install a tracking-app while in Phuket during Sandbox-covid programme !! What ofcourse didnt work on my small Nokia 3310 !!
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Nokia 3110

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:32 pm This was my first. In 1992, Hitachi CR-D300. Very sleek in comparison with what had been available in previous years.

looks very like a rebadged Nokia
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic