Vietnam Round 2

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Vietnam Round 2

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Alright alright, long time no speak everyone.

Last bloody attempt I got caught in the big lockdowns and all that fun and games and had to make a scramble back to my motherland.. what a big waste of time and money that all was.

Heading back again to HCM, my understanding is that now I can just walk on in without a visa or evisa provided its under 45 days (Which it is and I wish it wasn't.)

I just wanted a quick idea of where is good to stay in HCM for a couple (We don't mind touristy/backpacker but I plan to spend a few more quid as it's been so bloody long), we plan to prob see a beach area and maybe one more as we're limited for time (Around 2 weeks)

Hope you're all doing fanbloodytastic.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Vietnam Round 2

Post by MarkArmstrong »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:43 pm Alright alright, long time no speak everyone.

Last bloody attempt I got caught in the big lockdowns and all that fun and games and had to make a scramble back to my motherland.. what a big waste of time and money that all was.

Heading back again to HCM, my understanding is that now I can just walk on in without a visa or evisa provided its under 45 days (Which it is and I wish it wasn't.)

I just wanted a quick idea of where is good to stay in HCM for a couple (We don't mind touristy/backpacker but I plan to spend a few more quid as it's been so bloody long), we plan to prob see a beach area and maybe one more as we're limited for time (Around 2 weeks)

Stayed in district 5 HCMC for most of december, decent hotels/restaurants for not a lot of money. Not that far away from bui vien if you're into that, make sure you download GRAB saves a lot of trouble with taxi drivers.

If you want something beach I found Nha Trang to be quite good.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

That's interesting @MarkArmstrong , any hotel in particular that you'd recommend in district 5?

I'm more a Da Nang guy than a Nha Trang guy, but I plan to revisit Nha Trang as I haven't been there for many years. I'd guess it remains very popular with Russians, maybe even more so nowadays because of the situation in Russia?
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Alex wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:59 am That's interesting @MarkArmstrong , any hotel in particular that you'd recommend in district 5?

I'm more a Da Nang guy than a Nha Trang guy, but I plan to revisit Nha Trang as I haven't been there for many years. I'd guess it remains very popular with Russians, maybe even more so nowadays because of the situation in Russia?
[/quote

I have a friend who lives In da nang but he was busy fitting out a new business so I didn't bother him.

Final. Part I stayed here and it was gorgeous https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-g ... h/overview#!

In hcmc I stayed here at at £20 a night it was very good

Check out Simmi 5 Apartment on Booking.com! https://www.booking.com/Share-PKR8S1 https://www.booking.com/Share-PKR8S1
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:43 pm Alright alright, long time no speak everyone.

I like the way you simplify the entry & exit in Vietnam.
Boredom is like a shroud
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

@MarkArmstrong that apartment looks decent for the price, cheers!

I'll have a deeper look at the areas mentioned thanks guys.

@cabron You know something I don't? Do share
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:10 pm @MarkArmstrong that apartment looks decent for the price, cheers!

Visa is simple, if you fancy that KN resort you can get much better deals locally rather than use agoda or booking.com
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

MarkArmstrong wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:51 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:10 pm @MarkArmstrong that apartment looks decent for the price, cheers!

Visa is simple, if you fancy that KN resort you can get much better deals locally rather than use agoda or booking.com
Aye my understanding now is that no visa is required (for upto 45 days) - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

Visas

If you want to stay in Vietnam, you should only do so legally and with the right visa and permission to stay.

British Nationals can enter Vietnam for up to 45 days for tourism, transit and business (but not paid or voluntary work) without needing to apply for a visa.

This came into effect from - 15th August 2023.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:08 pm
MarkArmstrong wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:51 pm

Aye my understanding now is that no visa is required (for upto 45 days) - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

Visas

If you want to stay in Vietnam, you should only do so legally and with the right visa and permission to stay.

British Nationals can enter Vietnam for up to 45 days for tourism, transit and business (but not paid or voluntary work) without needing to apply for a visa.

This came into effect from - 15th August 2023.
That's right, be careful of overstay fees I got hit for 2 million dong for five days
If you decide to go to nha trang there's a basic place that was OK, called arise on bac son cost around £10 pn. No restaurant but 2 mins from things and the beach run by very nice accommodating people.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Cheers I'll definitely have a look into that. Can't wait to leave blighty.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic