Long-term rental of a Family Room apartment at the Vihara Angkor Hotel in Siem Riep

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Jerzyk
Tourist
Cambodia

Long-term rental of a Family Room apartment at the Vihara Angkor Hotel in Siem Riep

Post by Jerzyk »

Description:
Vihara Angkor is a 20-room boutique hotel located in a very quiet prestigious area of Siem Riep near the famous world-class ANGKOR WAT temple complex entered on the UNESCO prestigious list. A place visited by hundreds of tourists from all over the world. The starting point for visitors is the tourist city of Angkor Wat. One of the advantages of the Vihara Angkor Hotel is the unique beautiful large swimming pool with crystal clear water obtained from its own deep spring. The swimming pool is praised by all hotel guests.
The hotel serves breakfast daily. It also offers made-to-order lunches and dinners, Asian and Western dishes. The hotel has an open bar serving beer, drinks and beverages. The hotel reception is open 24/7.
The so-called Family Room 50 m2 apartment that we offer for long-term rental in our hotel has an area of 50 m2 and has a very large balcony and terrace. The hotel has four apartments of this type and each of them is available for rent.
Each apartment is equipped with:
• noiseless modern air conditioning
• flat screen TV with satellite channels
• two large beds
• set for making coffee and tea
• fridge
• Telephone
• WIFI
• safety box
• wardrobe or wardrobe
• dining area
• table, armchairs
• desk
• sofa
• the bathroom has both a separate shower and an artistically made stone bathtub
• bidet
• hair dryer
• full hotel equipment with bed linen, towels, bathrobe, bath slippers and a set of bathroom cosmetics
other facilities:
- swimming pool
- bar and restaurant
- 24 h / 7 reception
- hotel service like room cleaning, change of sheets and towels
The conditions we offer for long-term rental: - the duration of the lease is minium 1 year - the cost for one year is $ 4.5 thousand, payable in advance at the time of signing the lease agreement.
Deposit money is just 500 $ only.
The cost of renting, for example, two apartments for one year is $ 7.9 thousand. Deposit money for two apartment is 1000 $.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
we are also open to rent a minimum of 6 months, the cost is USD 2750
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The tenant can freely dispose of the apartment both independently and sublease or sell it for his clients, e.g. on the Airbnb portal.
The tenant can also use the hotel's booking com Vihara Angkor. The hotel reception can deliver customers to the apartment, sharing the profit with the tenant.
Currently in the so-called the "low season" rainy season Family Room suite sells for $65 a night. In the season of the so-called high season on booking is issued for a minimum of $85 – 95 $ per night.
Possibility of profit from the apartment with 50% occupancy of a minimum of $ 500 / month
More info on private or WhatsApp +48 605 043 453
I can send You all nesesery info and detals like picture, proposal egrement etc via your e mail
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Re: Long-term rental of a Family Room apartment at the Vihara Angkor Hotel in Siem Riep

Post by BaltimoreJack »

Jerzyk wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:02 pm
the cost for one year is $ 4.5 thousand, payable in advance at the time of signing the lease agreement.
The payable in advance term really jumps out at me here.
The tenant can freely dispose of the apartment both independently and sublease or sell it for his clients, e.g. on the Airbnb portal.
The tenant can also use the hotel's booking com Vihara Angkor. The hotel reception can deliver customers to the apartment, sharing the profit with the tenant.
Why would the hotel reception do that if it has other empty rooms to sell, for which profit is not shared with the tenant?

Jerzyk wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:02 pmCurrently in the so-called the "low season" rainy season Family Room suite sells for $65 a night. In the season of the so-called high season on booking is issued for a minimum of $85 – 95 $ per night.
Possibility of profit from the apartment with 50% occupancy of a minimum of $ 500 / month
It seems surprising to me that the hotel would sell the rooms in bulk for $4500 a year ($12.32 a night) if they can be rented out 40% -50% of the time for $65 - $95 a night.

Unless the hotel owner is just really desperate for cash and on the verge of closing or selling the hotel.

That's the risk I see happening here. You plunk down $5,000 and then the hotel closes, or the hotel gets sold to someone who throws you out, or the hotel manager otherwise finds a reason to throw you out.

It kind of reminds me of those last gasp pitches from expat bar owners "Give me $100 today and I'll give you a $200 bar tab." Not a good sign.

I would also note that if you book a hotel room somewhere, the cost of electricity is included. This advert doesn't say electricity is included in this $375/month room without a kitchen. Frequency of housekeeping service is also unclear.

Of course, I'd love to see our man @MarkArmstrong do this so we can all watch what happens. It does appear that the hotel is well located in Siem Reap.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Long-term rental of a Family Room apartment at the Vihara Angkor Hotel in Siem Riep

Post by Darkcel »

Must really be hurting for cash
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

If they could AirBnB them, they would be doing it already. If they could get $60 - $90 a night they would be doing it already. They are in the room renting business and they can't, and that should tell you all you need to know.

You would have to be a 24ct mug to pay a year in advance without living there for a good deal of time already and the deal is perhaps 70% of the monthly rent. Even then, the are high levels of risk of ownership change (with you being turfed out), bankruptcy closure or that empty piece of land opposite suddenly gets a couple of pile drivers move on site.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:28 pm If they could AirBnB them, they would be doing it already. If they could get $60 - $90 a night they would be doing it already. They are in the room renting business and they can't, and that should tell you all you need to know.

You would have to be a 24ct mug to pay a year in advance without living there for a good deal of time already and the deal is perhaps 70% of the monthly rent. Even then, the are high levels of risk of ownership change (with you being turfed out), bankruptcy closure or that empty piece of land opposite suddenly gets a couple of pile drivers move on site.
True, I haven't signed a contract or paid a deposit since before Covid.
The place I rented for 300 ten years ago recently went for 200 (landlady desperate). I would have taken it but I've gone upmarket!
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Post by BaltimoreJack »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:28 pm If they could AirBnB them, they would be doing it already. If they could get $60 - $90 a night they would be doing it already. They are in the room renting business and they can't, and that should tell you all you need to know.
I agree. The posts says they have four of these family suites and all four are vailable to be rented for a year. Does that mean that have ni bookings of these suites at all for the next year? Or will they just unethically tell any vacationer who has booked one to piss off?

The rooms are listed on booking.com for $59/night, and at least for the next few nights, booking.com is saying it has four of these suites available each night. Which suggests all four are empty. And maybe that's the norm.

I do wonder why the owner doesn't just drop the price from $59 to $39 and try to fill the rooms that way, rather than wholesaling them out for $12.32 per night. Maybe that has been tried, I don't know.

As far as AirBnB goes, is the owner volunteering here to be the AirBnB property manager? Like someone can rent the suite for a year, then advertise it on AirBnB sometimes for $20 a night, undercutting the owner, and then tell the owner "your staff needs to let me guest check in and give him a key and clean up after he leaves"?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

BaltimoreJack wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:49 am
I agree. The posts says they have four of these family suites and all four are vailable to be rented for a year. Does that mean that have ni bookings of these suites at all for the next year? Or will they just unethically tell any vacationer who has booked one to piss off?

The rooms are listed on booking.com for $59/night, and at least for the next few nights, booking.com is saying it has four of these suites available each night. Which suggests all four are empty. And maybe that's the norm.

I do wonder why the owner doesn't just drop the price from $59 to $39 and try to fill the rooms that way, rather than wholesaling them out for $12.32 per night. Maybe that has been tried, I don't know.

As far as AirBnB goes, is the owner volunteering here to be the AirBnB property manager? Like someone can rent the suite for a year, then advertise it on AirBnB sometimes for $20 a night, undercutting the owner, and then tell the owner "your staff needs to let me guest check in and give him a key and clean up after he leaves"?
All very valid points. I don't think the owners have thought it through, which makes me think it could be a bust-out move.

On the other hand, if these family rooms attract so few takers, then getting rid of all 4 @ $400 a month - so $1600 a month, will probably pay half the rent on the whole place. I think people would be surprised how little you can rent the entirety of these small guesthouses.

edit: The deal seems to include A\C. Unless they have a separate electric meter, that could easily cost them $100 per month in electricity. Ouch!
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Post by BaltimoreJack »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:08 am
edit: The deal seems to include A\C. Unless they have a separate electric meter, that could easily cost them $100 per month in electricity. Ouch!
Oh, does it say that? I just saw it say the "apartment" is equipped with air conditioning.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

BaltimoreJack wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:05 pm
the cost for one year is $ 4.5 thousand, payable in advance at the time of signing the lease agreement.
The payable in advance term really jumps out at me here.
Why would the hotel reception do that if it has other empty rooms to sell, for which profit is not shared with the tenant?

Jerzyk wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:02 pmCurrently in the so-called the "low season" rainy season Family Room suite sells for $65 a night. In the season of the so-called high season on booking is issued for a minimum of $85 – 95 $ per night.
It seems surprising to me that the hotel would sell the rooms in bulk for $4500 a year ($12.32 a night) if they can be rented out 40% -50% of the time for $65 - $95 a night.

Unless the hotel owner is just really desperate for cash and on the verge of closing or selling the hotel.

That's the risk I see happening here. You plunk down $5,000 and then the hotel closes, or the hotel gets sold to someone who throws you out, or the hotel manager otherwise finds a reason to throw you out.

It kind of reminds me of those last gasp pitches from expat bar owners "Give me $100 today and I'll give you a $200 bar tab." Not a good sign.

I would also note that if you book a hotel room somewhere, the cost of electricity is included. This advert doesn't say electricity is included in this $375/month room without a kitchen. Frequency of housekeeping service is also unclear.

Of course, I'd love to see our man @MarkArmstrong do this so we can all watch what happens. It does appear that the hotel is well located in Siem Reap.
It wouldn't be of any interest to me, my requirements are 3/4 bed single storey home with garden/pool.
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Post by BaltimoreJack »

Why do you want 3-4 bedrooms?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic