Angry mob beat down a thief to death

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Angry mob beat down a thief to death

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A man died after been hit by the mob
Phnom Penh: A man died after he had been sent to Calmette hospital. He was hit by the mob around 1:20 am pm on 13 July 2015 after he sneaked in people house stealing a bending wooden chair located in Preak Thmey village, Preak Thmey commune, Chbar Ampov commune. Police confiscated a Honda CUB motorbike with number plate 1BG 6952 belong to the deceased.

Before the incident happened there were three suspects driving two motorbikes and stopped in front of people house. They sneaked into a house and stole a bending wooden chair then continued to sneak in other house seeking to steal more properties, but it was interrupted as people in the house woke up. Two of them have driven away and left one at the scene as usual he was caught and beaten down by a group of angry villagers. As a result, he had a serious head wound and died around 9:00 am at the hospital.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Source: http://www.watphnom-news.com/2015/07/13/73158.html/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: Angry mob beat down a thief to death

Post by TheGrinchSR »

That looks like two different people... and ouch.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

Those chairs are a pain in the ass to carry, why would anyone steal those?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

was it really worth it?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
krisduncs
Expatriate

Post by krisduncs »

Make me think of a Khmer woman,who is married to a foreigner here in Kampot. She was on her way back from market yesterday,when 3 thieves tried to cut her bag from her grasp and she kicked them off the bike. Luckily for them the filth got there quickly and arrested them. A separate foreigner who was robbed a couple of nights before this,was asked to go to the cop shop to see if they were the same ones who had him. So,he turns up at the cop shop and were they there? NO! Let them go. I shit you not. This is after a recent massive spike in theft in Kampot too. Mob justice IS THE only way,when the police themselves are as much use as tits on a boar. Kampot is rapidly going the same way as SV im afraid.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I dont think beating people to death when one life or love ones are not in danger is something to be proud of especially for petty crimes.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Just looked at the spoilers -- it looks to me like the angry people aimed for the head.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
6EQUJ5
Expatriate

Post by 6EQUJ5 »

I caught a French guy stealing the glass table that sits outside my home. I told him to give it back to me. He gave it back. End of story. Isn't that a nicer way of dealing with things? :D
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

TheGrinchSR wrote:That looks like two different people... and ouch.
It's the same guy, the shirt looks different in the 2 photos because the pattern is much clearer in one but you can see the pants are the same.

flying chicken wrote:I dont think beating people to death when one life or love ones are not in danger is something to be proud of especially for petty crimes.
I agree, it's fucking crazy. It's too easy to beat the wrong person to death too.
Those chairs are a pain in the ass to carry, why would anyone steal those?
They're a pain in the ass to sit in too, and that looks like a particularly shoddy & mildewed one in the photo. I'm surprised anyone would bother stealing one.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

flying chicken wrote:I dont think beating people to death when one life or love ones are not in danger is something to be proud of especially for petty crimes.
Poor petty criminals, let's pour some sugar on them and have a cuddle. Until your wife screams for help and the perp stabs her and the baby to death with a rusty screwdriver over a scooter while you're out taking selfies in Pontoon.

If you or your loved ones are being robbed, petty crime or not, then you or your loved ones are in danger. It's a good time to start defending yourself. Don't wait for them to stab you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic