Zapata Bar closing party tomorrow

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Zapata Bar closing party tomorrow

Post by BaltimoreJack »

Per the owner’s Facebook announcement, Zapata Bar will close for good tomorrow (Saturday).

Closing party starts at 4 pm.

I think it opened in 2004.

The slow death of the Street 108 nightlife scene continues.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Zapata Bar closing party tomorrow

Post by cabron »

BaltimoreJack wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:09 pm Per the owner’s Facebook announcement, Zapata Bar will close for good tomorrow (Saturday).

Closing party starts at 4 pm.

I think it opened in 2004.

The slow death of the Street 108 nightlife scene continues.
I do have great memories from that area, the decline starts with the construction of the Exchange Square. It was full a sex workers walking around the Parc (I forget the name) I got numerous BJ,so al fresco on the corner of st.51 and st.106, under the big tree beside the electric booth. The Golden Vine bar was a rousing venue.
Boredom is like a shroud
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Post by BaltimoreJack »

cabron wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:47 pm I do have great memories from that area, the decline starts with the construction of the Exchange Square. It was full a sex workers walking around the Parc (I forget the name) I got numerous BJ,so al fresco on the corner of st.51 and st.106, under the big tree beside the electric booth. The Golden Vine bar was a rousing venue.
What were the original three bars that opened on that corner around the same time -- Golden Vine, Zapata, and Voodoo?

Golden Vine is now a shell of its former self.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

BaltimoreJack wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:09 pm
cabron wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:47 pm I do have great memories from that area, the decline starts with the construction of the Exchange Square. It was full a sex workers walking around the Parc (I forget the name) I got numerous BJ,so al fresco on the corner of st.51 and st.106, under the big tree beside the electric booth. The Golden Vine bar was a rousing venue.
What were the original three bars that opened on that corner around the same time -- Golden Vine, Zapata, and Voodoo?

Ten years ago Phnom-Penh night life was exciting and the bars of that area were busy, the topography was not like today. Now it's a new decade things are different but it's not the same.
Boredom is like a shroud
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

BaltimoreJack wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:09 pm

Also across the park around the Sunway Hotel I remember a few bars I think the Barbados, DV8 bars were there with a French Bistro I'm not sure that was around 2007.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic