Extend Tourist E visa for another 30 days...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Extend Tourist E visa for another 30 days...

Post by Kenr »

Matty9999 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:10 pm
Kenr wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:14 pm
Matty9999 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:51 pm A few other tips... Albania is a lower income country that offers 12 months to USA citizens, no questions asked, I think as a gift for USAs help. In fact when you go to the airport its simply a swipe of the passport, i dont even have to speak to a real person. I was there for multiple stays, about 4 months each.

There's a few other countries that allow an easy 12 months, for the USA passport. Mexico is 1, Portugal is another good one that has a digital nomad visa, for residency, but i think you need to stay inside the country. Montenegro is another, but the same thing, I think you need to stay inside Montenegro in order to get permanent residency, which im not into.
Out of curiosity, how is Mexico an easy 12-month visa for USA passports?
TBH not sure, never tried, i know its 6 months free, but last year i heard someone said they were selling 1 year stays for $400 no questions asked. This was some type of special deal at some place somewhere in some Mexican immigration office.
Okay. I know a visa is not needed for a stay of 180 days, but I also read that it is at the immigration officers discretion on how long they decide to approve your stay
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Hey guys, so heres the procedure or extending an E tourist visa for 30 dsays, pretty easy peasy. and you can also extensd the ordinary visa the same way.

#1 take tuk tuk from bkk1 to Cambodia Immigration across from the airport. Cost about 12300 riel, so about $3 and something, not too much, time 20 min
#2 Bring $30 usd, fill out form.
#3 Also need a passport photo for the form, luckily i usually carry some spares.
#4 fill out the form, and in 20 mins (mine took a bit longer, i think probably because they were just checking over it).
#5 leave passport for 1 week, so for me until 09/11/2023 afternoon. This is kind of inconvenient.
#6 Take tuk tuk via passapp back to BKK1 - cost 13000 KHR, around 30 mins in rush hour
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Matty9999 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:47 am Hey guys, so heres the procedure or extending an E tourist visa for 30 dsays, pretty easy peasy. and you can also extensd the ordinary visa the same way.

#1 take tuk tuk from bkk1 to Cambodia Immigration across from the airport. Cost about 12300 riel, so about $3 and something, not too much, time 20 min
#3 Also need a passport photo for the form, luckily i usually carry some spares.
#4 fill out the form, and in 20 mins (mine took a bit longer, i think probably because they were just checking over it).
#5 leave passport for 1 week, so for me until 09/11/2023 afternoon. This is kind of inconvenient.
#6 Take tuk tuk via passapp back to BKK1 - cost 13000 KHR, around 30 mins in rush hour
vs give it to an agent an pay $40 and not deal with everything and waste ur time :-)
WHICH is cheaper as you need pay $6 tuk tuk TWICE ( drop off passport/pick up passport) so it cost ya $42!!!

:beer2:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:52 am
Matty9999 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:47 am Hey guys, so heres the procedure or extending an E tourist visa for 30 dsays, pretty easy peasy. and you can also extensd the ordinary visa the same way.

vs give it to an agent an pay $40 and not deal with everything and waste ur time :-)
WHICH is cheaper as you need pay $6 tuk tuk TWICE ( drop off passport/pick up passport) so it cost ya $42!!!

I'm with @phuketrichard on this one, I think @Matty9999 really made the case for using an agent by confirming that two round-trips out to (nearby) the airport are required.

If they processed the extension right then and there when you apply, it would be more tempting to go there in person. No idea why they need to sit on the passport for a week.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:52 am

What place does it for $40? I got quoted $60 today at a little place next to the Knife Shop opposite night market.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

[
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Post by BaltimoreJack »

At least with Matty999’s approach you don’t have to worry about an agent losing your passport, which has happened
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:20 pm Are you referring to a T-type (Tourist) e-Visa (electronic) Visa, or an E-type (Ordinary) Visa???

Either way, both can be extended for an extra month for $30/35 directly from the DoI Visa Office, or for $45-55 via a Visa agency, cheaper and less hassle to just use an agent as applying directly will involve 2x return trips out to near the airport (location link below).

Processing times depend on how busy the DoI Visa Office are....could be 3 days, could be up to 14 days, there is no standard processing time.

Same or next day processing will cost you an additional $70+, as long as your application is received by the expiry date of your current Visa then no overstay charges will be applied.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/KTtn7WHY9rXuJrpx9
Hi Kiwi,
Can you recommend any agents?
Cheers
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:42 pm
BaltimoreJack wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:12 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:07 am
Yes you could do that, or just enter on an E-type (Ordinary) Visa and pay an agent extra to facilitate a 12 mth multi-entry EB (Business) EOS & WP
As far as we know, is there no risk to living in Cambodia for years on end with a work permit arranged by an agent, without actually being employed?
Very little risk as long as you don't draw attention to yourself with the authorities....one day in the distant future that may change, but for now that is exactly how a large percentage of foreigners stay in Cambodia
If I'm not mistaking there is a major immigration reform in the pipeline, so that may bring some changes to the existing visa procedures.
Boredom is like a shroud
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

cabron wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:42 pm
BaltimoreJack wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:12 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:07 am
Yes you could do that, or just enter on an E-type (Ordinary) Visa and pay an agent extra to facilitate a 12 mth multi-entry EB (Business) EOS & WP
As far as we know, is there no risk to living in Cambodia for years on end with a work permit arranged by an agent, without actually being employed?
Very little risk as long as you don't draw attention to yourself with the authorities....one day in the distant future that may change, but for now that is exactly how a large percentage of foreigners stay in Cambodia
If I'm not mistaking there is a major immigration reform in the pipeline, so that may bring some changes to the existing visa procedures.
I saw that online months back that Cambodian immigration was looking at changes to the E-Visa. But no further info was given.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic