What Use for Ketamine ? Bad Ketamine vs Good Ketamine.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

What Use for Ketamine ? Bad Ketamine vs Good Ketamine.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Ketamine is everywhere. Every week there is an announcement in the Cambodian news of vast amounts of trafficked ketamine being seized by the police. Criminal gangs are making a fortune by supplying the demand for ketamine.
However, while ketamine use as a recreational drug is on the rise, ketamine is also being used medicinally to treat people with drug and alcohol addictions. So is ketamine use such a bad thing in itself ?

BAD KETAMINE
August 30, 2023
Foreign junkie busted

Police have arrested a foreign ketamine user.
At 2:00am on August 28, 2023, the Poipet Municipal Gendarmerie Base Force led by Brigadier General Nuon Ninaro, the Commander of the Poipet Municipal Gendarmerie Base arrested a Thai suspect for the illegal storage and use of drugs at the Teuk Poun night market in Kbal Spean 1 village, Sangkat O’Chrov, Poipet city

Colonel Nuon Ninaro said that the suspect was PHICHET MEKSOPHON, male, 28 years old, Thai, unemployed, currently living in Kbal Spean village. 1 Sangkat O’Chrov, Poipet City.

Evidences seized include: – 7 small bags of white crystalline powder (ketamine) weighing 6.25 grams, – 1 passport book, – 1 Thai identity card, – 1 backpack.

Colonel Nuon Ninaro said that before the crackdown, the Municipal Gendarmerie received information from the security guards at the market that there was a case of storing and distributing drugs.
The Municipal Gendarmerie went to the rear to detain the suspect and exhibits and bring them to the Municipal Gendarmerie base for processing.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501351779/ ... ie-busted/

GOOD KETAMINE
Ketamine and Addiction Treatment
Two clinical trials -- one looking at cocaine addiction and the other at alcohol dependency -- showed that people who were prescribed ketamine, alongside therapy, had a better outcome than those who had therapy without ketamine treatment.

The people who had cocaine addictions got ketamine through an IV for 5 days, in addition to 5 weeks of mindfulness relapse prevention therapy.

The people who were dependent on alcohol got ketamine through an IV during the second week of a 5-week motivational enhancement therapy session.

In both studies, the researchers concluded that ketamine lowered the chances of restarting or relapsing into addiction.

More research on how ketamine affects addiction is needed, but it may change how your brain deals with cravings, motivation to quit a drug, and controlling behavioral reactions. Ketamine treatment might also make behavioral therapy more effective, which is a big part of overcoming addiction.
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/add ... at-to-know
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What Use for Ketamine ? Bad Ketamine vs Good Ketamine.

Post by John Bingham »

However, while ketamine use as a recreational drug is on the rise, ketamine is also being used medicinally to treat people with drug and alcohol addictions. So is ketamine use such a bad thing in itself ?
Ketamine's primary medical use is as an anesthetic. It's been used for that for over 50 years. Recreational ketamine used to come from medical sources, but nowadays most seems to be synthesized in illegal labs.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

A friend of mine hooked on Fentanly and other opiods for years (due to neuropathic pain after surgery gone bad) has successfully come off those drugs by a IV therapy (at a hospital) of ketamine (3 weeks - in addition to other non-pharma based therapies). 4 years after he is still clean.
work is for people who cant find truffles
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Many years ago when I was in hampi in India. I would take the short ride to Hospet the nearest big town. There I knew a pharmacy that would quite happily give me the book of available drugs he would sell.
Ketamine was a firm favourite in those says. Along with anything that ended in drin.
An injectable ampule of ketamine was 22 rupees almost free for us westerners. We would buy it by the box full.
Once the tiny bottle was opened and the little rubber bung and metal band disposed with, we would pour the contents onto a mirror.. placed in the sun the puddle would turn into a salty looking residue.. pure ketamimine.
One ampule would make about 1 gram of pure ket. Cut into 6 lines that was enough for 6 people to meet god.

Happy days.. obviously I'd not touch it now because god knows what's in it.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

As with most/all recreatively used substances moderation is key. N=1 but I know one person who has suffered KIU - or Ketamine Induced Uropathy. No fun:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32212278/
https://www.urologynews.uk.com/features ... -an-update

Regular ketamine users complain about severe storage symptoms and pelvic pain. Hydronephrosis may develop in long-term abusers and is correlated to the contracted bladder, ureteral stenosis, or vesicoureteral reflux due to ureteral involvement and/or bladder fibrosis. Cystoscopy shows ulcerative cystitis. Ketamine in urine might exert direct toxicity to the urothelium, disrupting its barrier function and enhancing cell apoptosis. The presence of ketamine/ions in the bladder wall result in neurogenic/IgE-mediated inflammation, stimulation of the inducible nitric oxide synthase-cytokines-cyclooxygenase pathway with persistent inflammation and fibrosis.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I think I read once that Ketamin B12 is good for your liver or something.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

One of my best mates was bad on the coke for years.

First time he took ketamin, he thought he was flying through space in a 20 deck of B&H. Never touched the stuff again. Stuck with the coke unfortunately.

I've got more than a handful of friends that pickled their brains and molten their bladders with ket though. Not a pretty sight.

Still, I'm up for the decriminalisation of all use, not sale tho.

Education, spledgucation, smedganation
Last edited by DeparRudeAnts on Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumfin smart
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

xandreu wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:38 pm I think I read once that Ketamin B12 is good for your liver or something.
Yeah, that’s the one. Some people get it wrong and say it’s keratin b12 - but they’re in a drug induced coma or something
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I have a friend in the States that receives Ketamine therapy once a month for PTSD and sings it's praises.
RikUpgrade
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by RikUpgrade »

I was a massive K head for 15 years... the medical stuff in liquid form is clean & completely different from the crystal stuff (essentially fake Chinese rubbish)

It's also used to treat depression.

I have flown all over the place multiple times on the stuff.. its amazing...but in terms of treating alcoholism I doubt it.because its much more fun when pissed...my go to mix was a bottle of Old Monk rum and 3g of K (India)

You can buy the liquid here in pharmacies....but its crazy expensive
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic