What Use for Ketamine ? Bad Ketamine vs Good Ketamine.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
DavidMurphy
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: What Use for Ketamine ? Bad Ketamine vs Good Ketamine.

Post by DavidMurphy »

Great, if it's a good batch, be it in powder or liquid form, but with beer, it's a nightmare. Was at many raves in rural UK where K-heads f***ed things up when they drank too much and got sloppy/leary/clumsy. Microdosing is a great mood enhancer.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What Use for Ketamine ? Bad Ketamine vs Good Ketamine.

Post by John Bingham »

Back in the early-mid 90s Ketamine got very popular in the underground party/teknival scene in the UK/ Europe. At the time it wasn't even on a schedule in the UK and many other countries. It was basically like getting caught with a lot of aspirin. Various people used to buy loads of it from various pharmacies in India, and then transfer it into rose water bottles. Then they'd either bring it back in their hold luggage or DHL it back. Some people made a lot of money. After 9-11 it became difficult to ship liquids, and then eventually it got schedule 2 status so was much more risky. The first time I came to Cambodia it made me laugh that the ketamine they were selling in the pharmacy across from my hotel was made in a Bayer factory I used to go past everyday on my way to school. I wasn't interested in it myself, I thought that Phnom Penh was trippy enough in 1999 without hallucinogens. 8-)

There's a "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" comic from around 1974 where they inadvertently take Ketamine ( they thought it was coke) and drive off into a nightmare landscape of bats and lightning. I wish I could find it, it's hilarious.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic