Immigration/Tax lawyer

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AM34
Expatriate

Immigration/Tax lawyer

Post by AM34 »

Hi gang,

I'm transitioning from a salaried employee with a Cambodian entity to a salaried employee with a foreign entity (so freelance?). However, I plan to continue living in Cambodia. As such, I need to consult a lawyer on some tax and immigration questions.

Can anyone recommend a reliable lawyer I could consult about my case?

Thanks!
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Immigration/Tax lawyer

Post by Bluenose »

AM34 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:12 am Hi gang,

I'm transitioning from a salaried employee with a Cambodian entity to a salaried employee with a foreign entity (so freelance?). However, I plan to continue living in Cambodia. As such, I need to consult a lawyer on some tax and immigration questions.

Thanks!
Plenty of agents can find a workable solution. For professional advice https://www.makingiteasycambodia.com/ or if you want to really push the boat out https://www.dfdl.com/locations/cambodia/
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AM34 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:12 am Hi gang,

Thanks!
I was advised to visit the department of taxation in Phnom Penh. I would try that first before hiring an agent. Go there and tell them you're planning to make the move and want to know what the consequences are and how to make the arrangements.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Does Cambodia even have a framework to collect imcome tax in such a scenario?

Genuine question, a colleague of mine would be interested in a similar setup. I'd facilitate it company-side, if I knew there was a legal way to do it.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There is no framework in place to collect tax on foreign earned salaries...just pay an agent extra to get you your annual EB EOS and WP, dine and dusted.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:26 pm There is no framework in place to collect tax on foreign earned salaries...just pay an agent extra to get you your annual EB EOS and WP, dine and dusted.
Except the informal tax system where we pay 100% more on everything :beer3:
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic