Swiss national (CHRISTIAN KALT) dies after jumping from 24th floor of Phnom Penh condo

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Swiss national (CHRISTIAN KALT) dies after jumping from 24th floor of Phnom Penh condo

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

RIP
August 25, 2023
Swiss national dies after jumping from 24th floor of Phnom Penh condo
Khmer Times
Police say that a Swiss man comitted suicide when he jumped from the 24th floor of a central Phnom Penh condominium yesterday

The incident took place at 4:30 a.m. on the 24th. August 2023 at the location of the condominium building along National Road 6 in Sangkat Chroy Changva, Khan Chroy Changva, Phnom Penh.

The victim has been named as Christian Philipp Kalt, a 41-year-old Swiss national

According to witnesses, the man died instantly and security guards reported the incident to the local authorities in Chroy Changva.

After receiving information from the Hotline117 problem center of the National Police, the local specialized force immediately arrived at the scene.

Through the examination of the Phnom Penh Forensic Technical Force and the examination of Mr. Oknha Dr. Bandit Nong Sovannaroth, the forensic doctor of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court confirmed that the man committed suicide by jumping from the condominium building.https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501349174/ ... enh-condo/

ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Swiss national dies after jumping from 24th floor of Phnom Penh condo

Post by Doc67 »

Through the examination of the Phnom Penh Forensic Technical Force and the examination of Mr. Oknha Dr. Bandit Nong Sovannaroth, the forensic doctor of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court confirmed that the man committed suicide by jumping from the condominium building.

How did he "confirm" suicide? A mangled body cannot tell you the state of mind of the deceased. (Unless he had a suicide note in his pocket)

Where's the CCTV footage of him jumping 'unassisted'? Suicide note? Anything?

I wonder if the people investigating are really that sloppy or they really just don't care. Or the journalists are so incurious (or frightened) as to ask a few simple questions and/or for evidence to support these conclusions.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:38 am
Through the examination of the Phnom Penh Forensic Technical Force and the examination of Mr. Oknha Dr. Bandit Nong Sovannaroth, the forensic doctor of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court confirmed that the man committed suicide by jumping from the condominium building.

How did he "confirm" suicide? A mangled body cannot tell you the state of mind of the deceased. (Unless he had a suicide note in his pocket)

I wonder if the people investigating are really that sloppy or they really just don't care. Or the journalists are so incurious (or frightened) as to ask a few simple questions and/or for evidence to support these conclusions.
It’s a fair question. Suicide notes, according to stats I briefly searched, are present in only 25-30% of cases, generally speaking. It’s one of life’s eternal debatables. Was he pushed. Did he jump?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:29 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:38 am

It’s a fair question. Suicide notes, according to stats I briefly searched, are present in only 25-30% of cases, generally speaking. It’s one of life’s eternal debatables. Was he pushed. Did he jump?
Well, "Mr. Oknha Dr. Bandit Nong Sovannaroth, the forensic doctor of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court" is certain he jumped, and as his name and title is longer than yours and mine combined, his opinions are beyond impertinent questions about evidence.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Maybe they forgot the mention something like the deceased's severed head was found in the boot/trunk of his car.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

PP still has a way to go before it catches up with the Pattaya flying club.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by STEVITO »

He left a note to the staff apologising for his actions...
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

grumpygit wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:18 am PP still has a way to go before it catches up with the Pattaya flying club.
Or Russia’s
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Swiss national (CHRISTIAN KALT) dies after jumping from 24th floor of Phnom Penh condo

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Christian Philipp Kalt's passport:

An image from the scene where he landed has been placed in the Darknet News forum.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
[email protected]
Tourist

Post by [email protected] »

STEVITO wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:27 am He left a note to the staff apologising for his actions...
I am a friend of him and shocked. Could you please tell me how do you know that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic