Stationery supplies- seeking a specific size book

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Stationery supplies- seeking a specific size book

Post by Freightdog »

Possibly one for the teachers among us.

I’m looking for a particular size of notebook. Short of mugging some school kids as they tumble out of CamFirst, or worse, asking the staff to sell me a couple, it’s possible that these are unique to them, and not available to mere mortals.

In the markets, etc, there is an ample supply of 15.8cm x 20.5cm, squared, feint. Similar to standard A5 size.
I have a couple of repurposed old exercise books from CamFirst, now used up. Size is 18cm x 26cm. Same square sizes. Similar to standard B5. But nobody sells these with the same squared print, that I’ve yet found. I find it hard to believe, though not entirely impossible, that these are produced for a very limited end customer. But this is the KoW…
This format has proven quite useful for a number things that I’m up to, and not just kid’s school work.

I’ve tried IBC, Phsar Kandal, Thmei, Chas, Sangkae, and several other stationery supplies in and around the area.

Photo for reference coming…Image
Last edited by Freightdog on Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Stationery supplies- seeking a specific size book

Post by cabron »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:52 pm Possibly one for the teachers among us.

I’m looking for a particular size of notebook. Short of mugging some school kids as they tumble out of CamFirst, or worse, asking the staff to sell me a couple, it’s possible that these are unique to them, and not available to mere mortals.

In the markets, etc, there is an ample supply of 15.8cm x 20.5cm, squared, feint. Similar to standard A5 size.
I have a couple of repurposed old exercise books from CamFirst, now used up. Size is 18cm x 26cm. Same square sizes. Similar to standard B5. But nobody sells these with the same squared print, that I’ve yet found. I find it hard to believe, though not entirely impossible, that these are produced for a very limited end customer. But this is the KoW…
This format has proven quite useful for a number things that I’m up to, and not just kid’s school work.

I’ve tried IBC, Phsar Kandal, Thmei, Chas, Sangkae, and several other stationery supplies in and around the area.

Photo for reference coming…Image
There is a stationary & smallwares stores that may have the item that you are seeking, it is on the corner of St. 63 and St 154 just in front of PTC computers shop.
Boredom is like a shroud
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

cabron wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:03 pm There is a stationary & smallwares stores that may have the item that you are seeking, it is on the corner of St. 63 and St 154 just in front of PTC computers shop.
It's called Hea Siev Kheng Stationery & Book Shop, it is very good for stuff not easily found elsewhere.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:21 pm
cabron wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:03 pm There is a stationary & smallwares stores that may have the item that you are seeking, it is on the corner of St. 63 and St 154 just in front of PTC computers shop.
It's called Hea Siev Kheng Stationery & Book Shop, it is very good for stuff not easily found elsewhere.
Sadly, what I’m looking for is a unicorn. I tried the above. Same basic supplies as everyone else.

Small A5 comes in narrow or wide ruled, or the squared print.
Larger B5 comes in narrow or wide ruled
Larger still A4 comes in small, bold squared. There’s a halfway house option, lined as in the A5, but not squared. So…over to the darknet forum for the great schoolbook r-robbery. Not as momentous as Dealey plaza, though.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I dropped in on CamFirst. It appears that these are custom produced (according to the front desk) for CamFirst.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I haven't been looking for these kinds of books for quite some time, but, it used to be that outside most schools, or in close proximity, there were roadside stalls selling just about everything that students needed. They were the 'go to' for that sort of thing.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:31 pm I haven't been looking for these kinds of books for quite some time, but, it used to be that outside most schools, or in close proximity, there were roadside stalls selling just about everything that students needed. They were the 'go to' for that sort of thing.
I’d tried many places. The small format is readily available. The idea that one school/organisation would be getting a unique book produced, solely for them, is a little surprising.

These particular sizes are just very convenient. $3 spent, two books received.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

If you can identify the size I could post out to you.

https://www.viking-direct.co.uk/en/sear ... =notebooks
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

That link gets an Access Denied response.
But it’s a local size, anyway. Not an international size. I managed to get CamFirst to sell me a couple, so that’s sorted, for now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic