Looking for reputable English school for staff

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Looking for reputable English school for staff

Post by ressl »

Since there are English teaching schools like sand on the beach and most of them are just happy to collect your money, but offer quite less, I hope to get a few genuine recommendations here, where I can send a very capable guy working for me to. Company will pay, but it should be still reasonable. Class or face to face teaching, both is fine
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Looking for reputable English school for staff

Post by IraHayes »

ressl wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:33 pm Since there are English teaching schools like sand on the beach and most of them are just happy to collect your money, but offer quite less, I hope to get a few genuine recommendations here, where I can send a very capable guy working for me to. Company will pay, but it should be still reasonable. Class or face to face teaching, both is fine
School? or did you mean Language Centre/Academy? Given it is an adult that will be the student.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Something he can learn English. Not sure, how the places are called here, but ususally they are called Language schools, regardless of the age
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Do you have any staff that speak English? Maybe see if they would be happy to pass on their knowledge for a bonus.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

ressl wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:33 pm Since there are English teaching schools like sand on the beach and most of them are just happy to collect your money, but offer quite less, I hope to get a few genuine recommendations here, where I can send a very capable guy working for me to. Company will pay, but it should be still reasonable. Class or face to face teaching, both is fine
Go talk to ACE (Australian Centre for Education). Established for over 30 years. 4 or 5 campuses in town, a range of General English programs to suit all levels and a mix of qualified Khmer and Native Speaker teachers.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Thanks @MarkArmstrong , but the level of English spoken is better not to get transferred...
@Gazzy : I will give it a try, thanks
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

I was thinking there should be more than one english teacher here on CEO who can recommend "their" school?
work is for people who cant find truffles
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

truffledog wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:26 pm I was thinking there should be more than one english teacher here on CEO who can recommend "their" school?
Why would they when the guy needs a language centre for his adult employee.

Off the top of my head the 3 I can think of are:-
ACE (already recommended by a poster)
ELT
Aii

Of these 3 ACE is he only one worth considering. There is always the private tutor route and maybe a poster here has had experience in that regards that they could pass on/
boofhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by boofhead »

https://www.campusuk.co.uk/ This is a language centre rather than a school. Cambridge certified centre which offers courses at all levels from Cambridge A1 Starters to IELTS preparation for all ages. Classes in the centre (in Tuol Kork) or off site are possible and can be negotiated both in terms of times and location.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Go to Larrys on street 110 and talk to the boss, all his staf are send to an english-class, i was before surprised where he found his staff, but later i found out they are always send to learn descent english? NO idea where but he willexplain to you !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic