Quiet work space?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Quiet work space?

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I’ve got the opportunity to move back to Southeast Asia full time in the new year with a new employer and Cambodia is looming as the most convenient country to operate from.

The job only requires fifteen to twenty hours of work per week which is great, however these hours need to be spent in a quiet space, like a really quiet space which could be difficult to find.

AirBnb, guesthouses, and hotels (the ones I can afford) seem to out because of noise, and renting an office doesn’t make much sense with even co-working places in Phnom Penh like Basis Point or Workspace prices hard to justify for the time I need.

Soundproofing a room in an apartment might be an option.

Any advice or information on how to find a quiet space to work?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Quiet work space?

Post by Username Taken »

When you find that place, be sure to check the internet coverage, signal strength.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

If it is so to conduct online meetings or teach, the Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones come to mind.
They shield you from the environment and have very effective mikes that pickup your voice yet filter out almost everything going on around you..
They are available in Cambodia.
Last edited by yongchi on Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Username Taken wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:28 pm When you find that place, be sure to check the internet coverage, signal strength.
Agree, that's another thing to nail down.
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

yongchi wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:29 pm If it is so to conduct online meetings or teach, the Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones come to mind.
They shield you from the environment and have very effective noise suppressing mikes that pickup your voice yet filter out almost everything going on around you..
They are available in Cambodia.
Thanks. I do currently use Sony XM4s and have to say I found them almost life changing when I first discovered them.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I stayed already couple of times in seasons residence on 144 street (650 a month) and its pretty quiet inthere, depends a bit on wich floor you are, but useally during daytime there is nobody, around 8 am some people go to their work and they come back around 5 pm. Maybe if you rent a 2 bedroom-aparteùment there is 1 room without window which would be perfect there. and they have reliable WIFI also there !! You can ask an appartement on the end of the corridor, even more quiet. Only bad thing: at 5 am you could smell the freshed baked bread from the 3A-bakery next door !!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

If you'll need to make calls, there's various software that helps kill your background noise in real time. Here's a decent one: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/gu ... tup-guide/
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

The Tribe Hotel, nr the Post Office have dedicated working spaces in the quiet lobby. Go talk to them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic