Travel to Jakarta

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Travel to Jakarta

Post by Freightdog »

Of the knowledgeable members here, have any of you travelled to Jakarta in recent weeks/last month or so?

I’ve been asked to go down there in a couple of days, all last minute, and the company are scrambling to get real info together.

They voiced a concern that Indonesia recently suspended all VOA, but from what I can see, they have simply introduced a variation on the VOA. An E-VOA.
Not quite an e-visa, a sort of halfway house.

Irish and UK passport holder, several years validity remaining, but the UK passport getting close to 6page limit.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Travel to Jakarta

Post by armchairlawyer »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:36 pm Of the knowledgeable members here, have any of you travelled to Jakarta in recent weeks/last month or so?

I’ve been asked to go down there in a couple of days, all last minute, and the company are scrambling to get real info together.

They voiced a concern that Indonesia recently suspended all VOA, but from what I can see, they have simply introduced a variation on the VOA. An E-VOA.

Irish and UK passport holder, several years validity remaining, but the UK passport getting close to 6page limit.
Visa waiver was suspended with Covid and it hasn't come back. Asean nationals still get it but the rest of us have to stump up for an evisa or a VoA. No problem getting in.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:08 pm
Freightdog wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:36 pm Of the knowledgeable members here, have any of you travelled to Jakarta in recent weeks/last month or so?

Visa waiver was suspended with Covid and it hasn't come back. Asean nationals still get it but the rest of us have to stump up for an evisa or a VoA. No problem getting in.
That’s what I thought. I think they may have used the downtime to tidy up the application process a little.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Jakarta is fun but the traffic's a nightmare.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Gazzy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:26 pm Jakarta is fun but the traffic's a nightmare.
2-3 day trip, someone else is paying. Quickly in, meeting, go home. Next…

Flights are the bigger issue
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:51 pm
Gazzy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:26 pm Jakarta is fun but the traffic's a nightmare.
2-3 day trip, someone else is paying. Quickly in, meeting, go home. Next…

Flights are the bigger issue
Visiting Jakarta on business class level may be an interesting new experience. I usually just left as fast as I could.
work is for people who cant find truffles
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Passport needs 6 months, VOA is available Type of Visa B213
A person who plans to visit Indonesia for the purpose of tourism, business, government business, purchasing goods, meetings, or transit. Fee IDR 500.000,- (five hundred rupiah).

https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/web/visa-selection
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

MarkArmstrong wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:30 am

Passport needs 6 months, VOA is available Type of Visa B213
A person who plans to visit Indonesia for the purpose of tourism, business, government business, purchasing goods, meetings, or transit. Fee IDR 500.000,- (five hundred rupiah).

https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/web/visa-selection
Yes, 500,000 IDR ($32.50).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic