Hostess Bars

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Hostess Bars

Post by Tootsfriend »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:00 pm
Tootsfriend wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:41 pm dont think you mean the Drambuie cause she told me that the expiry date on the bottle is 17 / 8 /23 which is tomorrow , and so it does not go to waste and get tipped down the sink I have decided to put it on my weetbix in the morning.
Expiry date, or best before? It would be a few more years before that’s unfit, unless it’s stored in direct sunlight.

It should be observed as a very rough guideline.
OK, maybe it was Srey Moms expiry date or '' best before '' date. Not going to take the risk, I'll still be putting it on my weetbix in the morning.
mikeukt
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by mikeukt »

From sex dens getting busted to Drambuie on weetbix. Quite a journey! Well done lads.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

DRAMBUIE ?? expires ?? Never heared about that, any alcohol over 20% only gets better in my eyes. Have been offered by a spanish client a bottle of french Ricard, nobody knew how old, but they thought the place was closed for 25 years where it came from. Was slightly differrent colour, but tasted better then a new bottle, hahaah? And less headache !!
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:33 pm DRAMBUIE ?? expires ?? Never heared about that, any alcohol over 20% only gets better in my eyes. Have been offered by a spanish client a bottle of french Ricard, nobody knew how old, but they thought the place was closed for 25 years where it came from. Was slightly differrent colour, but tasted better then a new bottle, hahaah? And less headache !!
Hard liquors are sterile and can't improve in bottle.

However, some will buy old bottles because brands have changed their recipes and are not as good as they used to be.
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

You wanna try ripping out a load of 15 year old wine from a squat shop... Fucking rancid
sumfin smart
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Tootsfriend wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:43 am Watch out, you could be next on the list.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501343546/ ... -sex-dens/
These arent hostess bars they are Vietnamese " full service" cafes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic