Phorn Phalla's Epic Run Raises 157 Smiles: Orphanage Receives $45,777

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Phorn Phalla's Epic Run Raises 157 Smiles: Orphanage Receives $45,777

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

In a momentous endeavor, Mr. Phorn Phalla, the head of a Cambodian orphanage, accomplished an awe-inspiring charitable run on August 9, 2023. With a profound goal of generating vital funds and raising awareness for the 157 precious children under his compassionate care, Phalla embarked on an incredible journey that commenced in Siem Reap and concluded at in Phnom Penh.

Over the course of eight awe-inspiring days, covering a staggering distance of 350 km from July 30, 2023, this selfless act of endurance and compassion unfolded. Phorn Phalla's unwavering determination served as a beacon of hope for those in need, capturing the hearts of many who witnessed his extraordinary feat.

After enduring seven nights and eight arduous days, Mr. Phorn Phalla triumphantly raised a staggering $45,777 at the culmination of his noble journey. This remarkable achievement provides unwavering support and care for the 157 children residing within the loving embrace of the orphanage. Many individuals embraced the event and further shed light on the pressing needs of orphans in Cambodia.

The attendance of numerous individuals underscored the collective recognition of the significance of this event. It not only rallied financial contributions but also played a crucial role in raising awareness of the plight of these vulnerable children throughout Cambodia. By joining forces, we can drive change, ensuring a brighter future for those in need.

The echoes of gratitude resound in the wake of Phorn Phalla's triumph. He extends heartfelt appreciation to each person who contributed in monetary and moral support. Through their unwavering dedication, the lives of these 157 children have been touched, holding a promise of hope and a pathway to a brighter tomorrow.

While the curtains draw close on this extraordinary endeavor, the legacy of Mr. Phorn Phalla will continue to inspire and touch lives. It is a testament to the boundless power of compassion and serves as a clarion call for all to rally behind those in need.

Together, we celebrate this remarkable feat, Cambodia, knowing that through unity and unwavering compassion, we can illuminate the path towards a future where every child's dreams flourish.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Phorn Phalla's Epic Run Raises 157 Smiles: Orphanage Receives $45,777

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Who is Phorn Phalla ?

Providing Shelter and Kindness to Cambodia's Most Vulnerable
By: Yatt Malai on April 17, 2023
~ 4 min read
After struggling through dire poverty as a child, Phorn Phalla is now heading the orphanage that reared him as a child

At the age of eight, due to poverty, Phorn Phalla’s family sent him to live in a pagoda in Tbong Khmum province, away from his home in Prey Veng. It was their last hope to feed him and also an opportunity for him to study.

Life at the pagoda wasn’t better as the temple was also poor, lacking good for the young boy. Now as an adult, Phalla is running an orphanage sheltering hundreds of children, offering support, care and food, experiences he had not enjoyed during his childhood.

In an interview with Kiripost, Phalla, who runs Orphanage Branch Center in Phnom Penh’s Kombol district, recalled his early life hardship in which he tried to live and then he decided to move to Phnom Penh alone when he was 11-years-old, walking around picking up scrap metal for food.

Phalla was able to study thanks to staff at the orphanage he currently is running, an opportunity he termed as the golden chance in his life, which fulfilled his dream to study as other people, saying learning is like a medicine for life.

“At that time, my legs were burnt with severe injuries. When I did not have any money for the treatment, luckily, a staff member of an orphaned organisation took me to live there,” Phalla said.

“They provided me with a new life and opportunity to study until I finished my Master’s degree,” he said.

Phalla gained his Bachelor degree from the University of Puthisastra (UP)​, majoring in English Literature. He worked for four years as a teacher before pursuing a Master’s degree in Hong Kong from 2013 to 2016.

When he returned to Cambodia, he taught for another year in 2017, then in 2018, he became a manager at the Orphanage Branch Center, after the founder had passed away.

Phalla said that his visions are to help to children that are victims of abandonment and violence by their parents, sexual abuse and mistreats, homeless youth, and the elderly. Phalla also recently went viral on social media over his actions to demand justice for a child who was killed in a hit and run car crash in Phnom Penh.
in full: https://kiripost.com/stories/providing- ... vulnerable
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

I wish there were more such stories to be told.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

I recommend looking the fella up on Facebook. We occasionally donate to his cause, he's a pretty stand up guy
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Darkcel wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:18 pm I recommend looking the fella up on Facebook. We occasionally donate to his cause, he's a pretty stand up guy
How can you reach out/donate. I dont have FB
work is for people who cant find truffles
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

truffledog wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:48 pm
Darkcel wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:18 pm I recommend looking the fella up on Facebook. We occasionally donate to his cause, he's a pretty stand up guy
How can you reach out/donate. I dont have FB
I hope this is allowed, he truly does a lot for the less fortunate.

ABA 012 324 711 PHORN PHALLA
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

It seems that Phorn Phalla is also a missionary minister: Cambodia for Christ .
https://phallaministry.weebly.com/outre ... hrist.html
https://www.australiancollaborationcamb ... new-page-1

FYI. I'm not saying yay or nay about this guy, but I did find it strange that the subject of religion and the fact that Phalla is an evangelist minister is specifically not mentioned in the Cambodian articles about him and his work.
So now you know.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Anchor Moy wrote:It seems that Phorn Phalla is also a missionary minister: Cambodia for Christ .
https://phallaministry.weebly.com/outre ... hrist.html
https://www.australiancollaborationcamb ... new-page-1

FYI. I'm not saying yay or nay about this guy, but I did find it strange that the subject of religion and the fact that Phalla is an evangelist minister is specifically not mentioned in the Cambodian articles about him and his work.
So now you know.
Are Christians supposed to be some kind of evil race out the swindle and brainwash every last Khmer?

Only Buddhists are good, or even better atheists are to be admired and applauded?

I don’t what religion this guy believes. I think he is good man and helps many.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

@newkidontheblock Not yay or nay, just information.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Given the choice between supporting an orphanage that teaches children "Christian values" and one that doesn't, I'd choose the latter. Just my personal decision, I hated every minute of religious "education" I got in my youth and I just can't stand God botherers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic