STUNNING COLONIAL STUDIO FLAT

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: STUNNING COLONIAL STUDIO FLAT

Post by dagenham »

Duncan wrote:
dagenham wrote:Read carefully...2 different flats....Street 5 is indeed "quiet" it is only 4 blocks long and is NOT a through street and lorries never go on that street as it is small and always cumbersome to deal with....you obviously don't know PP well...whatever...Street 5 speaks for itself...go see for yourself...
OK ,,2 different flats, that explains it.

But as I have lived in '' line of sight '' of these apartment for the last 7 plus years , and listened to the music from many, many, weddings and funerals, [ usually outside the police office ], and the loud speaker system they set up on the corner of st 3 and st 110, on Khmer new Year, you will have a hard job of convincing me it's a ''whisper quiet '' ,, Also look at your map it is NOT 4 blocks long .
a) My "bad" - not 4 blocks , but 5 blocks - Street 5 is indeed technically 6 blocks long (but one block is closed off full time for Kandal market = 5 actual usable blocks)
b) There is no Street "3" in all of PP - you might have been blindingly drunk on that street sometime though...
c) There are weddings going on all over the city all the time on each and every street - hullo? & New Year is celebrated all over the place - and usually quietly at that, save a block party or 2!
d) You've been here 7 years? Really? Doesn't sound like it, Mate...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

dagenham wrote:
Duncan wrote:
dagenham wrote:Read carefully...2 different flats....Street 5 is indeed "quiet" it is only 4 blocks long and is NOT a through street and lorries never go on that street as it is small and always cumbersome to deal with....you obviously don't know PP well...whatever...Street 5 speaks for itself...go see for yourself...

But as I have lived in '' line of sight '' of these apartment for the last 7 plus years , and listened to the music from many, many, weddings and funerals, [ usually outside the police office ], and the loud speaker system they set up on the corner of st 3 and st 110, on Khmer new Year, you will have a hard job of convincing me it's a ''whisper quiet '' ,, Also look at your map it is NOT 4 blocks long .
a) My "bad" - not 4 blocks , but 5 blocks - Street 5 is indeed technically 6 blocks long (but one block is closed off full time for Kandal market = 5 actual usable blocks)
b) There is no Street "3" in all of PP - you might have been blindingly drunk on that street sometime though...
c) There are weddings going on all over the city all the time on each and every street - hullo? & New Year is celebrated all over the place - and usually quietly at that, save a block party or 2!

Thank's for pointing out my mistake, I have corrected it to st 5.. No, I did not say I have been here for 7 years , I said I have lived in line of sight of those apartments for 7 years. Total 12 plus years. Really? Doesn't FEEL like it. Mate.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Duncan wrote:
dagenham wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Thank's for pointing out my mistake, I have corrected it to st 5.. No, I did not say I have been here for 7 years , I said I have lived in line of sight of those apartments for 7 years. Total 12 plus years. Really? Doesn't FEEL like it. Mate.
I'm "feeling" the great "in line of sight" phrase! 12 years ++? Well, you know well that St. 5 has no through traffic as it is all "local" (being only 5 blocks long) BC St. 13 and 19 are the N-S long arteries in the Riverside area...in fact, street by street in the Riverside area has different characteristics obviously...178, 130, 110 are busy E-W arteries and many of the other streets are relatively quiet...like 118, 144, etc., not to mention the other quiet short N-S blocks like Street 5...I've lived in this area for over 16 years now and can walk blindingly drunk without opening my eyes and know where I am (from Sisowath to Norodom to Palace to 104)...probably just like you - ha!
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

dagenham wrote:
Duncan wrote:
dagenham wrote:
Duncan wrote:

I'm "feeling" the great "in line of sight" phrase! 12 years ++? Well, you know well that St. 5 has no through traffic as it is all "local" (being only 5 blocks long) BC St. 13 and 19 are the N-S long arteries in the Riverside area...in fact, street by street in the Riverside area has different characteristics obviously...178, 130, 110 are busy E-W arteries and many of the other streets are relatively quiet...like 118, 144, etc., not to mention the other quiet short N-S blocks like Street 5..

.I've lived in this area for over 16 years now and can walk blindingly drunk without opening my eyes and know where I am (from Sisowath to Norodom to Palace to 104)...probably just like you - ha!

Agreed,
Which is probably why, when we bump into each other, we both have our eyes closed.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

When I said trucks I was referring primarily to garbage trucks, I seem them often on that street.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

is this 440 now?
seems a nice flat.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

frank lee bent wrote:is this 440 now?
seems a nice flat.

No, No, No, this is not 440. Have you seen/heard anyone here calling the other a C&%# or twatflannel , Here we just agree to disagree, and I agree with you, that it does seem like a nice flat. It gets the sun in the morning, rather than the hot afternoon.

Just don't agree with the ''whisper quite '' thingy .
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

oh, i missed that. what a cocktrumpet.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Bell-end!
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Cam Nivag wrote:
When I said trucks I was referring primarily to garbage trucks, I seem them often on that street.
Well, Brother, garbage trucks go on every street! How else is the garbage picked up? And it take maybe 10 minutes of the day? Hmmm...Now that's a lot of lorries constantly storming down Street 5, eh?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic