Fishmarket Kampot is closing

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Fishmarket Kampot is closing

Post by hanno »

Dear friends,
We regret to inform you all, the last day of operations of The Fishmarket Restaurant will be one week from now, August 14th.

Over the years The Fishmarket has become a beloved spot for food lovers, creating cherished memories, and serving delectable dishes.

We are incredibly grateful for the support and love we have received from our loyal customers, but it's time for a new chapter in the colorful history of Kampot Fishmarket.

However, before we bid farewell, we wanted to express our gratitude by offering a special treat!

Starting from today, we are offering 30% discount on our entire menu! This is our way of saying thank you for your continuous support and making this journey unforgettable.

Gather your friends and family, and join us for the last hurrah at The Fishmarket. Let's create one final memorable dining experience together!
Thank you once again for being a part of The Fishmarket family! We will always cherish the memories we've made together!
Personally, I never thought the food was all that good, but the location is great. Apparently, Starbucks is moving in, which is an abomination.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Fishmarket Kampot is closing

Post by Alex »

Come on now Hanno, it's about time that Kampot gets a Starbucks, and it will be a great place to get away from the local 50-cent-beer-for-lunch expat crowd.

I predict that some of Kampot's cutest and poshest will hang out there.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Alex wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:00 pm Come on now Hanno, it's about time that Kampot gets a Starbucks, and it will be a great place to get away from the local 50-cent-beer-for-lunch expat crowd.

I predict that some of Kampot's cutest and poshest will hang out there.
Yes, I see those 10-Dollar coffees just flying out of the door in Kampot ;-)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

somehow i dont think $5 coffees and Frappuccino will sell to the kampot crowd
BUT would be a great spot for a MacDonalds or IHOP :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Overpriced and over rated restaurant, I'm actually surprised it lasted as long as it has. Prime location and they could have done well if they hadn't TRIED so hard to be "fine dining".
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

hanno wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:37 pm
Personally, I never thought the food was all that good, but the location is great. Apparently, Starbucks is moving in, which is an abomination.
Just curious... What's your source regarding Starbucks moving in?

I agree that it's not a good thing but it sure beats what Rick proposes below (McDonald's/IHOP).

Another historic building near there on the River Road is apparently being developed as a Brown Coffee branch, so some sort of Coffee Wars may ensue.

Anyway, I guess the whole town will eventually become globalised in the not-too-distant future. C'est la vie... :ugeek:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Did they try to sell it before giving up?

Has anyone, ever, sold a F&B going concern in Kampot for a price beyond the deposit money on the lease and nomimal fixtures and fittings?
krisduncs
Expatriate

Post by krisduncs »

They own the building.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:27 pm somehow i dont think $5 coffees and Frappuccino will sell to the kampot crowd
Isn't McDonald's quite a ridiculous suggestion, considering that not even Phnom Penh has one yet? The same could be said about IHOP.

Starbucks on the other hand seems to be doing well in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Sihanoukville. If they think there's enough demand in Kampot, I trust them to know their shit.
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:27 pm somehow i dont think $5 coffees and Frappuccino will sell to the kampot crowd
Kampot's full of young idiots (not leaving out the old heaven's waiting room patients, they're there also).

But who wants a mocha frappachino latte on the rocks?!
Young idiots.

Either that or they want a caramel machiato. Leave them to it.

Stick a Maccy D's in kep Ricky
sumfin smart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic