Anyone recognizes this snake?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Anyone recognizes this snake?

Post by Kammekor »

This little beauty tried to enter the house this morning, it's still a very young one, so I find it hard to determine the species.

Anyone?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Anyone recognizes this snake?

Post by IraHayes »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:42 am This little beauty tried to enter the house this morning, it's still a very young one, so I find it hard to determine the species.
Anyone?
You found Bob!! Awesome news his family will be so pleased to hear he's safe and well.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

IraHayes wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:54 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:42 am This little beauty tried to enter the house this morning, it's still a very young one, so I find it hard to determine the species.
Anyone?
You found Bob!! Awesome news his family will be so pleased to hear he's safe and well.
I am very sorry to say Bob was caught between the door and the door post, possibly injured, then Bob hit the cleaver. It was fatal. I am afraid there's little left of Bob's remains after what the chickens did.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:42 am Image

This little beauty tried to enter the house this morning, it's still a very young one, so I find it hard to determine the species.

Anyone?

Striped kooky snake, non venomous,
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Could be a Malaysian striped coral snake
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:59 am

Yep - this is more likely
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:59 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:42 am

Anyone?

Yes, likely suggestion. Thnx.

Too bad, no need for killing it.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Born-Confused wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:00 am Could be a Malaysian striped coral snake
The belly seems to have full rings, this one doesn't.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

And to answer your question properly after doing some googling I have a contender

https://www.hongkongsnakeid.com/malaysi ... oral-snake
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

IraHayes wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:09 am And to answer your question properly after doing some googling I have a contender

https://www.hongkongsnakeid.com/malaysi ... oral-snake
It's a contender but the texture of the belly seems different. Might be because of age?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic