Replacement for lost work permit card

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AM34
Expatriate

Replacement for lost work permit card

Post by AM34 »

My work permit card recently went missing (through no fault of my own). I would like to get the card reissued, as I will need it to renew my visa. Any idea what the process is? I tried to reach out to MoLVT online, to no success.

The hitch is, the permit was processed by my employer, who recently closed their Cambodia entity (so I'm technically working freelance now). So I'm concerned that getting a new card for 2023 is going to be near impossible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Replacement for lost work permit card

Post by Ozinasia »

Pop into One world Travel 19EO street 110 Phsar Chas on riverside , great folks and capable to sort this out for you
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Go directly to the MoLVT, they can replace it on the spot for a small fee.

For your EOS application all you need is a copy though, please don't tell me you didn't make a scan or a copy at least? If not, ensure you keep scans/copies of all your important documents in the future.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:08 pm Go directly to the MoLVT, they can replace it on the spot for a small fee.

For your EOS application all you need is a copy though, please don't tell me you didn't make a scan or a copy at least? If not, ensure you keep scans/copies of all your important documents in the future.
PSD-KiWi, you are swell guy. :hattip:
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic