I think she has long COVID

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: I think she has long COVID

Post by Freightdog »

IraHayes wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:30 am
Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:12 am
She barely ate and slept in Cambodia and exercised extensively.
In a sick condition but exercised extensively?
She cycled everywhere.
Extensively, or compulsively?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:08 am
IraHayes wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:30 am
Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:12 am
She barely ate and slept in Cambodia and exercised extensively.
In a sick condition but exercised extensively?
She cycled everywhere.
Extensively, or compulsively?

I think if you go back and watch episode 362 of "The life & Times of NKOTB" you will note that it was mentioned that she cycled everywhere on an "old bike".
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I hope she gets well soon, and I hope the two of you can handle this together.

As you said, the two of you have a few serious problems to solve together.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:54 am I hope she gets well soon, and I hope the two of you can handle this together.

shit happens< but one thing , do NOT tell her not to contact her family, Blood is thicker than a marriage license an your going to pull her in 2> as she will be trying to do what you tell her vs her pull to her family.

Be supportive, if she is really bi polar, its going to be an ongoing situation.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:19 am
Kammekor wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:54 am I hope she gets well soon, and I hope the two of you can handle this together.

shit happens< but one thing , do NOT tell her not to contact her family, Blood is thicker than a marriage license an your going to pull her in 2> as she will be trying to do what you tell her vs her pull to her family.

Be supportive, if she is really bi polar, its going to be an ongoing situation.
Bipolar disorder is not diagnosed during one meeting with a psychologist you never met before.

Definitely not diagnosed as "triggered by Cambodia".

Trolls be trolling but it's entertaining
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
BaltimoreJack
Expatriate

Post by BaltimoreJack »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:16 am It reminds me of all these mass faintings in factories and schools. Melodrama.
It reminds me of something else. There was a regular staff member/hostess as a bar I used to frequent on Street 130. She worked there for a number of years, she was always friendly to me, though I didn't really know her well or spend any time with her in or out of the bar.

One time I saw her and say to the proprietor "Wow, she looks good, she's lost weight."

Then a week or so later I realized "Ohh, she's lost too much weight."

The proprietor explained that she had been sick, wasn't eating much, was afraid to go to the doctor, etc.

We tried to get her to get proper medical treatment, gave her the money to do that, she then gave the money to her family for something before getting it back, she ended up going to a couple of clinics/hospitals, then her mental state supposedly deteriorated, her family wanted her to go to a Khmer witch doctor, and long story short she was dead within a few weeks.

I wish I had done more. These situations where local women are starving themselves to death with a psychiatric overlay are not to be trifled with.

It's interesting that NKOTB's wife's brain scan shows an anomaly, i wonder what's up with that.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

BaltimoreJack wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:04 am It's interesting that NKOTB's wife's brain scan shows an anomaly, i wonder what's up with that.
I wouldn’t read too much into what he writes, on first reading. He has a habit of grabbing the ends of a conversation or passage, and missing the detail in the middle, and for using words interchangeably and thus out of context.
Abnormal might simply mean anomaly, and vice versa. Hence the follow up MRI. And WHEN the expert compares the images to get a better understanding, then they will have that better understanding. I’m sensing a leaning towards hypochondria, and referring that onto his other half.
The same happens with many MRI and CT scans.

There’s the CT scan, a colour contrast CT scan, and the MRI (and probably a number of others in between, along with X-Rays) What might appear as a mass in an MRI might just be a development of denser tissue, a cluster of blood vessels, or scar tissue from a forgotten event. Having endured 5 years of follow-up MRI and contrast-CT scans, and asking lots of questions, the answer comes back- most often, only one scan is required. Sometimes, an alternate scan is required to clarify, or to monitor how a condition develops.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

She has a brain tumor. Now scrambling to get a brain surgeon and make arrangements.

Then getting a emergency PTO.
Then getting funds.

About a million things to do.

Meanwhile missus is turning into a pile of jello.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

Good luck with your next steps
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:07 pm She saw the NP in the her primary care physician group just now. She wants to send missus straight to the hospital ER and possibly admit her.
Finally someone with some sense in this situation.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic