I think she has long COVID

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: I think she has long COVID

Post by newkidontheblock »

ER took a whole bunch of blood, urine, nasal swab and a head CT.

Blood and urine shows she has a pelvic infection (not STD), UTI. Also that she’s malnourished with vitamin deficiencies, and she’s starving. Brain CT abnormal - needs Brain MRI. Came out with follow up with primary, neurologist, psychiatrist, gastroenterologist.

Saw psychiatrist. She has bipolar, triggered by Cambodia. She barely ate and slept in Cambodia and exercised extensively. Family took out all the fans and other fixtures so she was sweating with the mosquitos at home every day.

The neighbor across the street had a son who recently died because of depression and has AA taken missus under her wing. Missus now eats a little and can smile occasionally. Will go for the MRI Brain on Monday and see the psychiatric for a medication adjustment. She’s a lot smaller than the average barang. Missus says the psychiatrist is even more depressed than her, which makes her better able to understand and take care.

Neurologist week after the MRI comes out. Primary says go see the consultants. EKIP results - no H. pylori, no gastritis on biopsy. GI for later, same one who saw her before when she first arrived in the US.

Cambodia has had a bad effect on missus, with the family making it much worse. All this trauma just to fulfill a father’s dying wish. Family she thought she could trust had been lying to her, everything she put in was spirited away, and incessant family problems that needed money to solve.

Anyways, I’ve told her to not to contact her family until she is well. But she has a bleeding heart.

We may be next to broke, but at least I got her back.
Retirement can be replaced, savings can be replaced, but missus cannot be replaced. I will continue to work worse than a dog to replace them. Work even wanted to me come in at 6 am to work just before the MRI. I refused. I had scheduled PTO so they can’t force me to work that day.

So maybe not long COVID in the end. But more than enough problems for us to solve together.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

"She has bipolar, triggered by Cambodia"

Epic, keep it coming mate.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Are they testing her kidney function? If she was prevented from going to the hospital when she was very unwell with a UTI, her kidneys are at risk.

Incorrectly taking antidepressants (esp. when not needed (as reportedly given to her in Cambodia) and stopping and restarting ) can result in mood changes like bipolar - to label her Cambodia experience as the trigger is you being an armchair medical expert again - and we know that’s not your forte
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Alex wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:41 pm "She has bipolar, triggered by Cambodia"

Epic, keep it coming mate.
Honestly who doesn't get bipolar personality disorder after a month in their home country? I don't think I would last a day, one month and I'd be paranoid schizophrenic trying to kill the president and shit.

Anyway all I'm saying is try to have some understanding for the trauma that is Cambodia to a Cambodian.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

BTW how long would it actually take to refill the family treasure chest and is it possible missus would be healthy by then?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It reminds me of all these mass faintings in factories and schools. Melodrama.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:25 pm She has bipolar, triggered by Cambodia. She barely ate and slept in Cambodia and exercised extensively. Family took out all the fans and other fixtures so she was sweating with the mosquitos at home every day.

The neighbor across the street had a son who recently died because of depression and has AA taken missus under her wing. Missus now eats a little and can smile occasionally. Will go for the MRI Brain on Monday and see the psychiatric for a medication adjustment. She’s a lot smaller than the average barang. Missus says the psychiatrist is even more depressed than her, which makes her better able to understand and take care.

Cambodia has had a bad effect on missus, with the family making it much worse.
All this trauma just to fulfill a father’s dying wish. Family she thought she could trust had been lying to her, everything she put in was spirited away, and incessant family problems that needed money to solve.

Anyways, I’ve told her to not to contact her family until she is well. But she has a bleeding heart.
With family sizes as they are in Cambodia, there’s plenty of scope for one toxic member to create a lot of difficulty. I can vouch for that.
But from the way that you write, you probably need to check that you aren’t adding to her problems. You’ve probably got as much adjusting to do as she has.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

She barely ate and slept in Cambodia and exercised extensively.
In a sick condition but exercised extensively?
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:25 pm ER took a whole bunch of blood, urine, nasal swab and a head CT.

Blood and urine shows she has a pelvic infection (not STD), UTI. Also that she’s malnourished with vitamin deficiencies, and she’s starving. Brain CT abnormal - needs Brain MRI. Came out with follow up with primary, neurologist, psychiatrist, gastroenterologist.

Saw psychiatrist. She has bipolar, triggered by Cambodia. She barely ate and slept in Cambodia and exercised extensively. Family took out all the fans and other fixtures so she was sweating with the mosquitos at home every day.

Neurologist week after the MRI comes out. Primary says go see the consultants. EKIP results - no H. pylori, no gastritis on biopsy. GI for later, same one who saw her before when she first arrived in the US.

Cambodia has had a bad effect on missus, with the family making it much worse. All this trauma just to fulfill a father’s dying wish. Family she thought she could trust had been lying to her, everything she put in was spirited away, and incessant family problems that needed money to solve.

We may be next to broke, but at least I got her back.
Retirement can be replaced, savings can be replaced, but missus cannot be replaced. I will continue to work worse than a dog to replace them. Work even wanted to me come in at 6 am to work just before the MRI. I refused. I had scheduled PTO so they can’t force me to work that day.

So maybe not long COVID in the end. But more than enough problems for us to solve together.

Don’t your parents have life insurance you can fall back on ?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:12 am
She barely ate and slept in Cambodia and exercised extensively.
In a sick condition but exercised extensively?
She cycled everywhere.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic