Milk shortage??

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Milk shortage??

Post by truffledog »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:08 am
truffledog wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:17 am
hdgh29 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:13 pm A friend of mine who insists on "real" milk tells me its harder to get at the moment. I always go for UHT, tastes exactly the same and there is plenty on the shelves from UK, Australia, France etc.
For people used to UHT both milks may taste the same. But if you grew up having fresh or pastorized milk the difference is huge.
It makes no difference if you put it into a Nescafe Red Cup, plus 2 saccharin tablets. Taste great.
What a lousy way of starting the day.

work is for people who cant find truffles
HaifongWangchuck
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by HaifongWangchuck »

truffledog wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:25 am
hdgh29 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:13 pm A friend of mine who insists on "real" milk tells me its harder to get at the moment. I always go for UHT, tastes exactly the same and there is plenty on the shelves from UK, Australia, France etc.

For people used to UHT both milks may taste the same. But if you grew up having fresh or pastorized milk the difference is huge.
It makes no difference if you put it into a Nescafe Red Cup, plus 2 saccharin tablets. Taste great.

I just drink a can of Sting or Predator Energy and smoke a Mevius every morning, the best way to start a day
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

truffledog wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:25 am

This morning at Super Duper they put a signs in the fresh milk section: Fresh milk limit one bottle per customer.
:
Boredom is like a shroud
HaifongWangchuck
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by HaifongWangchuck »

Update: This milk from "Nong Pho" Thailand dairy (which is temporarily replacing Kirisu) is without a doubt the worst milk I ever had. Do they add vegetable oil or make it from milk powder or something? Truly awful stuff
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic