Milk shortage??

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Milk shortage??

Post by phuketrichard »

finally was able to purchase 400 ml bottles of Chokchai farm ( the best of them all)
BUT no 1 lt or 2 lt bottles
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Yesterday morning, Moo Moo was closed and there was a sign saying that they stopped selling milk due to too much demand. But yesterday afternoon, they were back in business. I love their milk and have not had milk go off on me. But then a 2-liter bottle only lasts me about 5 days.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

A friend of mine who insists on "real" milk tells me its harder to get at the moment. I always go for UHT, tastes exactly the same and there is plenty on the shelves from UK, Australia, France etc.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

hdgh29 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:13 pm A friend of mine who insists on "real" milk tells me its harder to get at the moment. I always go for UHT, tastes exactly the same and there is plenty on the shelves from UK, Australia, France etc.
For people used to UHT both milks may taste the same. But if you grew up having fresh or pastorized milk the difference is huge.
work is for people who cant find truffles
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

hdgh29 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:13 pm A friend of mine who insists on "real" milk tells me its harder to get at the moment. I always go for UHT, tastes exactly the same and there is plenty on the shelves from UK, Australia, France etc.
Other than a splash in tea or coffee I would never touch the stuff! Superheated to around 140c it would never taste the same.

https://www.newfoodmagazine.com/article ... g-of-milk/
HaifongWangchuck
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by HaifongWangchuck »

SR grocery stores (e.g, AAA Market) are putting limitations on how much Meiji milk you can buy, but oddly enough, this doesn't seem to apply to Dutch Mill or Kirisu farm products.

Is the whole damn thing made up by Meiji to justify a weakness in their supply chain or what?
Last edited by HaifongWangchuck on Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
HaifongWangchuck
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by HaifongWangchuck »

hanno wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:12 am Yesterday morning, Moo Moo was closed and there was a sign saying that they stopped selling milk due to too much demand. But yesterday afternoon, they were back in business. I love their milk and have not had milk go off on me. But then a 2-liter bottle only lasts me about 5 days.
Here in SR, we only get that MooMoo milk cut with vegetable oil that comes in the little paper pouches, otherwise the main milk we get here is either Dutch Mill, Meiji or Kirisu (I prefer the latter, though I do like Meiji since it has a nice cheese-like flavour I kinda enjoy)
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

"Here in SR, we only get that MooMoo milk cut with vegetable oil" please remind me not to buy any of that
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Not Milk. I do not like the taste of milk. Could not stand it as a child and stopped drinking it

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

truffledog wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:17 am
For people used to UHT both milks may taste the same. But if you grew up having fresh or pastorized milk the difference is huge.
It makes no difference if you put it into a Nescafe Red Cup, plus 2 saccharin tablets. Taste great.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic