What Is The World Coming To?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: What Is The World Coming To?

Post by IraHayes »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:55 pm
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:30 pm
And there I was thinking that teaching that the holocaust is a myth was a concern
And these videos illustrate very aptly why parents are going after the books that their very young children might see. It is the attitude of teachers like this that is really at the root of their anger. The idea that we need to encompass all thoughts and ideas is fine... but the truth is only the thoughts and idea that they adhere to are allowed. History is replete with examples of similar indoctrination of the younger generation and it has never ended well.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: What Is The World Coming To?

Post by down_time »

Just to be clear here, no kids have been identifying as cats, the audio clearly shows it was a hypothetical proxy for trans identification. Actual children identifying as cats are media misrepresentation of the actual conversation, which happens over and over again when some idiot posts "that it is actually happening", on social media. Click bait headline intended to incite a visceral outrage reaction and generate views/shares.
A recording of the incident – posted online by the reprimanded students – does not support this version of events. There is a reference to “identifying as a cat”, made by the student, but it appears to be rhetorical, as part of an argument about whether trans identities should be respected. The school in question has since released a statement denying that any of their pupils identify as a cat, or any other animal.
https://www.dazeddigital.com/life-cultu ... ans-pupils
Now, a similar rumour has been denied by South Ayrshire Council after a viral TikTok video claimed schoolgirls at Ayr Academy were using litter trays and identifying as cats.

[A] post read: “How come all my serious work on videos that tik tok never go viral yet I had a video rant no facts nor evidence a rant and it’s gone viral for real viral, lunacy seems to be the new norm and bad is good.

“Ayr Academy has no cat litter trays”. .
https://www.thenational.scot/news/23625 ... s-rumours/

That being said, the teacher in this discussion is completely out of order in the way they are discussing gender and questioning the kids right to hold their views. Her personal opinions on the subject being taught as fact have no place in the classroom. I believe the teacher in question was reprimanded by the school and quite rightly so. Bravo to the kids for consistently making their case without being brow beaten by the idiotic teacher.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic