What Is The World Coming To?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Re: What Is The World Coming To?

Post by orichá »

I have no opinion... When I grew up, I was playing with sex with my girlfriends and boyfriends beginning around age 8 or 10, and nobody cared whether we were a boy or a girl. Nobody needed to teach me what sex was. We had girlie magazines available down at the corner store to learn about the appearance of mature gender growth in females... My sex education came from intimacy with my neighborhood pals... this is the way it is in Canada and most everywhere else...

Today everything on Earth is politicized, and everyone thinks they need to tell others what to do, or how to do it... That is what's all wrong, and strong opinions are meaningless when it comes to the behavior of others whose experience and growing up is completely unknown to you or me...

Let people grow up as they please... Let people think for themselves...

Notably, the video cited here is happening in Ireland, which is notoriously repressive due to its bizarre Christian history.

...Read James Joyce's Ulysses for his very witty send-up and belittling of Catholicism and its sexual repression, which already appears on the very first page of the novel:
  • — I —

Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. A yellow dressinggown, ungirdled, was sustained gently behind him on the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned:

Introibo ad altare Dei.

Halted, he peered down the dark winding stairs and called out coarsely:

—Come up, Kinch! Come up, you fearful jesuit!
In the novel, the wife of Leopold Bloom, the central character in the story, is a professional music hall singer, and she has slept around all her life, and he doesn't care, since he has had a fling or two himself; sometimes Leopold wonders about his daughter's own newly flowering sex life... which was of course Joyce's way of saying "bollocks" to the whole Catholic-shit system that refused to allow people any way to discuss their real life openly... They had to "think it", like Leopold Bloom... or crack jokes, like his friends and others in the story...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:39 am Children are very impressionable, they're basically blank slates at birth in my opinion.
Do you have your own children because that statement sounds like it comes from a person that has not had kids.
I learned fairly quickly that kids are much more perceptive and individual that many adults give them credit for. Kids quickly form their own personalities and persuasions that don't come from their parents. It's one of the fascinating things about parenting and why most kids from the same family are so different.

I would be fascinated to know how many of the people making these videos have their own kids because I'd wager the answer is none.
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

down_time wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:17 pm
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:39 am Children are very impressionable, they're basically blank slates at birth in my opinion.
Do you have your own children because that statement sounds like it comes from a person that has not had kids.
I learned fairly quickly that kids are much more perceptive and individual that many adults give them credit for. Kids quickly form their own personalities and persuasions that don't come from their parents. It's one of the fascinating things about parenting and why most kids from the same family are so different.

I would be fascinated to know how many of the people making these videos have their own kids because I'd wager the answer is none.
Yes I have a child, my past threads will confirm that.
And no, when we get back to the UK, he won't be going to school
sumfin smart
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:18 am
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:39 am What kind of stories are usually read at these wholesome family fun events?

You'll find it's usually stories with character's who are questioning their own gender identity. Which is probably a great book to help a child out, providing that child is in the 3% of the global population who feels like they're in the wrong body.

What reason do the other 97% need to put them selves in these characters position?.

Children are very impressionable, they're basically blank slates at birth in my opinion. These people are doing this for a reason, and it's definitely not a good one
Yes, children are very impressionable. But kids are also intelligent and have common sense, which we, adults, tend to underestimate.

I taught my kid all about the tooth fairy and Santa. Last week the kid came to collect 5$ for a lost tooth. From me. Too lazy to hide it under the pillow for the night, the kid told me. Never told the kid the tooth fairy story was a lie.
Not all kids, some are as thick as bricks and need protecting.
sumfin smart
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

orichá wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:41 am I have no opinion... When I grew up, I was playing with sex with my girlfriends and boyfriends beginning around age 8 or 10, and nobody cared whether we were a boy or a girl. Nobody needed to teach me what sex was. We had girlie magazines available down at the corner store to learn about the appearance of mature gender growth in females... My sex education came from intimacy with my neighborhood pals... this is the way it is in Canada and most everywhere else...

Today everything on Earth is politicized, and everyone thinks they need to tell others what to do, or how to do it... That is what's all wrong, and strong opinions are meaningless when it comes to the behavior of others whose experience and growing up is completely unknown to you or me...

Let people grow up as they please... Let people think for themselves...

Notably, the video cited here is happening in Ireland, which is notoriously repressive due to its bizarre Christian history.

...Read James Joyce's Ulysses for his very witty send-up and belittling of Catholicism and its sexual repression, which already appears on the very first page of the novel:
  • — I —

Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. A yellow dressinggown, ungirdled, was sustained gently behind him on the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned:

Introibo ad altare Dei.

Halted, he peered down the dark winding stairs and called out coarsely:

—Come up, Kinch! Come up, you fearful jesuit!
In the novel, the wife of Leopold Bloom, the central character in the story, is a professional music hall singer, and she has slept around all her life, and he doesn't care, since he has had a fling or two himself; sometimes Leopold wonders about his daughter's own newly flowering sex life... which was of course Joyce's way of saying "bollocks" to the whole Catholic-shit system that refused to allow people any way to discuss their real life openly... They had to "think it", like Leopold Bloom... or crack jokes, like his friends and others in the story...
You talking about messing around as a kid with your mates...

This threads about old men dressed as hookers, reading stories about cutting your knob or tits off.

Back to the title, on 3, everybody now....

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

erotic literature for kids apparently
sumfin smart
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm Yes I have a child, my past threads will confirm that.
Apologies, I was wrong in that one.
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm And no, when we get back to the UK, he won't be going to school
Why is that? What's the issue in UK schools? Who will be educating your kid once you're there? What about secondary/high school, college/university?
A lot of people mention education as a big reason for moving back to their home countries, given the low standards (even in the Int schools relative to other countries) in Cambodia.
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm This threads about old men dressed as hookers,
I double checked the original video to confirm my recollection.
1. (Ireland) You can't see the person reading at all I don't think, the guy says he/she is dressed like a hooker but I'm not inclined to just take his word for it. Needs confirming.
2. (US) Fat bloke with what looks like a beard in a ball gown.
3. (UK) Younger, skinny person wearing an ankle length dress with shoulder straps.

Never seen a hooker dressed like the two featured. Not sure it would be good for business if they did either. Seen a lot worse in panto.
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm ...,reading stories about cutting your knob or tits off.
Are they? The video is titled drag queen story time, which I'm pretty sure would make them transvestites. That's certainly what I referred to in my post. You're talking about transsexualism which is something else entirely isn't it? I'm not clear on what was being read and it's probably an important element of how to take the videos, if you're correct I don't think it's appropriate for kids at that age (depending on what/how it's discussed). But taking the title at face value I thought they were reading kids stories. It's not clear to me.
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

If you're supposition about the stories being, "about cutting your knob or tits off", how does that become erotic literature?

Depends on your idea of erotic I suppose but that sort of topic would be more horror/gore or possibly medical education, depending on how it's approached. I'm not sure many people would consider it erotic would they?
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

down_time wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:14 pm
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm Yes I have a child, my past threads will confirm that.
Apologies, I was wrong in that one.
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm And no, when we get back to the UK, he won't be going to school
Why is that? What's the issue in UK schools? Who will be educating your kid once you're there? What about secondary/high school, college/university?
A lot of people mention education as a big reason for moving back to their home countries, given the low standards (even in the Int schools relative to other countries) in Cambodia.
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm This threads about old men dressed as hookers,
I double checked the original video to confirm my recollection.
1. (Ireland) You can't see the person reading at all I don't think, the guy says he/she is dressed like a hooker but I'm not inclined to just take his word for it. Needs confirming.
2. (US) Fat bloke with what looks like a beard in a ball gown.
3. (UK) Younger, skinny person wearing an ankle length dress with shoulder straps.

Never seen a hooker dressed like the two featured. Not sure it would be good for business if they did either. Seen a lot worse in panto.
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm ...,reading stories about cutting your knob or tits off.
Are they? The video is titled drag queen story time, which I'm pretty sure would make them transvestites. That's certainly what I referred to in my post. You're talking about transsexualism which is something else entirely isn't it? I'm not clear on what was being read and it's probably an important element of how to take the videos, if you're correct I don't think it's appropriate for kids at that age (depending on what/how it's discussed). But taking the title at face value I thought they were reading kids stories. It's not clear to me.
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

If you're supposition about the stories being, "about cutting your knob or tits off", how does that become erotic literature?

Depends on your idea of erotic I suppose but that sort of topic would be more horror/gore or possibly medical education, depending on how it's approached. I'm not sure many people would consider it erotic would they?
Have you just woken up from a 2 year hibernation?
Or do you get all your info from see en en?

Don't get me started, I don't have the time
sumfin smart
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

Knock yourself out, watch from the 5.45 mark.

sumfin smart
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm Have you just woken up from a 2 year hibernation?
No
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm Or do you get all your info from see en en?
I like what you did there "See en en", CNN, clever. Took me a minute lol.
No, I don't watch any newstainment channels, they're sensationalist and often myopic.

I'm interested that you wrote that then posted a clip of a bloke flogging "physical gold" and subscriptions on his YT channel. Is that a better source of objective info? Clicks, views, engagement of sensationalist content for ad and sponsorship dollars?
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm Don't get me started, I don't have the time
Honest questions, in which I was interested in your perspective on but you only have time to post a pretty irritating bloke on a rant for 9 minutes in response to.
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm Knock yourself out, watch from the 5.45 mark.
I'm no supporter of the trans lobby, highly critical in many respects but that video conflates various issues and is not particularly insightful. I find that guys presentation style pretty off-putting, which doesn't help.

It certainly doesn't address the questions I posed before.
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

down_time wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:51 pm
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm Have you just woken up from a 2 year hibernation?
No
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm Or do you get all your info from see en en?
I like what you did there "See en en", CNN, clever. Took me a minute lol.
No, I don't watch any newstainment channels, they're sensationalist and often myopic.

I'm interested that you wrote that then posted a clip of a bloke flogging "physical gold" and subscriptions on his YT channel. Is that a better source of objective info? Clicks, views, engagement of sensationalist content for ad and sponsorship dollars?
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm Don't get me started, I don't have the time
Honest questions, in which I was interested in your perspective on but you only have time to post a pretty irritating bloke on a rant for 9 minutes in response to.
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:17 pm Knock yourself out, watch from the 5.45 mark.
I'm no supporter of the trans lobby, highly critical in many respects but that video conflates various issues and is not particularly insightful. I find that guys presentation style pretty off-putting, which doesn't help.

It certainly doesn't address the questions I posed before.
You sound like a chat bot.
Can't you just act like DAN?

sumfin smart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic