Australian man charged with 1623 cases of child abuse

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Australian man charged with 1623 cases of child abuse

Post by hanno »

Absolutely horrific. A former childcare worker no less. Some of the abuses happened abroad, but they are not saying where.

https://www.news.com.au/national/man-ch ... 63ae293a77
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Australian man charged with 1623 cases of child abuse

Post by Username Taken »

"Australian Federal Police Assistant Commissioner Justine Gough said the man allegedly recorded the offending on his phone and on camera."

"In total, police allege the man had nearly 4000 child abuse images and videos stored on his camera and phone."

"Police allege the man carried out the offences at 10 childcare centres in Brisbane between 2007-13 and 2018-22."

Why did it take so long to catch this creep?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

It’s obscene
Sydney, Brisbane and Europe.

15 years of abusing many many children under the age of ten (mostly female). Many images. Multiple times.

I hope he doesn’t survive prison
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

That's beyond horrific.

Not to detract from his offenses, because those in themselves are bad enough, but a shitty side effect of cases like this is that now parents will look sideways at any male childcare worker or teacher of very young kids, men wanting to be teachers will be (actually already are) discouraged from getting into the career because of the suspicion and innuendo. Then there's the impact someone like him has on the expat community of whichever other country he was molesting kids in. He has done so much lasting damage to so many people, in so many different ways, and I doubt he gives a shit about anything other than his sick urges and what's going to happen to him now.

He deserves whatever miserable sentence he receives - he actually deserves worse than life in a prison cell but that's all they can do to him. Maybe the other cons will get their hands on him and deal some real justice to him.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

So many victims and nobody speak out to stop him earlier. What can we do to encourage victims to take immediate action?
work is for people who cant find truffles
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

It is absolutely impossible that a man can get away with 1623 (that they know of) cases of child abuse without getting caught. I simply cannot believe it. 91 children abused and not a single one of them told or tried to get help from someone else? You're talking of the same odds of winning the lottery - a poor analogy but you get my point.

A single person cannot abuse 91 children (that they know of) before getting caught. Either something is amiss in this story, perhaps others were told or were aware of it and did nothing, or it is much, much easier to abuse a child and get away with it than I ever imagined. Not that it's something I do imagine, but I just assume that, especially these days, most children are a lot more educated about this sort of thing and would somehow seek help, or at least tell someone. Maybe not the first one you abuse, maybe not the second, but certainly before you get to your 91st.

1623 cases of abusing a child and not a word spoken about it by those abused? Impossible.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Random Dude wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:24 pm That's beyond horrific.

Not to detract from his offenses, because those in themselves are bad enough, but a shitty side effect of cases like this is that now parents will look sideways at any male childcare worker or teacher of very young kids, men wanting to be teachers will be (actually already are) discouraged from getting into the career because of the suspicion and innuendo. Then there's the impact someone like him has on the expat community of whichever other country he was molesting kids in. He has done so much lasting damage to so many people, in so many different ways, and I doubt he gives a shit about anything other than his sick urges and what's going to happen to him now.

He deserves whatever miserable sentence he receives - he actually deserves worse than life in a prison cell but that's all they can do to him. Maybe the other cons will get their hands on him and deal some real justice to him.
child abusers are on the lowest rung of a ladder in Jail
For the rest of his miserable life, each day will be a living hell, UNLESS he spends it all in solitary confinement
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

xandreu wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:01 pm It is absolutely impossible that a man can get away with 1623 (that they know of) cases of child abuse without getting caught. I simply cannot believe it. 91 children abused and not a single one of them told or tried to get help from someone else? You're talking of the same odds of winning the lottery - a poor analogy but you get my point.

A single person cannot abuse 91 children (that they know of) before getting caught. Either something is amiss in this story, perhaps others were told or were aware of it and did nothing, or it is much, much easier to abuse a child and get away with it than I ever imagined. Not that it's something I do imagine, but I just assume that, especially these days, most children are a lot more educated about this sort of thing and would somehow seek help, or at least tell someone. Maybe not the first one you abuse, maybe not the second, but certainly before you get to your 91st.

1623 cases of abusing a child and not a word spoken about it by those abused? Impossible.
We don't have enough details to know, but children in care often face different types of abuse and don't have much of a voice. They are often scared to report anything as they fear further abuse or don't think they will be believed.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:21 pm
xandreu wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:01 pm It is absolutely impossible that a man can get away with 1623 (that they know of) cases of child abuse without getting caught. I simply cannot believe it. 91 children abused and not a single one of them told or tried to get help from someone else? You're talking of the same odds of winning the lottery - a poor analogy but you get my point.

We don't have enough details to know, but children in care often face different types of abuse and don't have much of a voice. They are often scared to report anything as they fear further abuse or don't think they will be believed.
Ok accepted..but 1623 times`?
work is for people who cant find truffles
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

hanno wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:54 pm Absolutely horrific. A former childcare worker no less. Some of the abuses happened abroad, but they are not saying where.

https://www.news.com.au/national/man-ch ... 63ae293a77
Soon to be headlines "Nonce dies in prison"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic