Breaking: Man Shot Dead in Phnom Penh Street

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Breaking: Man Shot Dead in Phnom Penh Street

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News, (Phnom Penh): In a shocking event on the afternoon of July 29, 2023, an unknown man was shot dead while walking along Street 360 in the Boeung Keng Kang district of Phnom Penh. After the action, the gunman escaped in a car, according to sources at the scene of the shooting.
The victim has not yet been publicly identified. Currently, the competent forces are inspecting the scene and questioning witnesses to find the gunman and the cause of this incident, which has all the preliminary marks of a hired killing.
Spoiler:
More details will be posted as they become available.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Breaking: Man Shot Dead in Phnom Penh Street

Post by Darkcel »

Where's his pants?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Update: Two Khmer news sites say that the gunman and the victim were both foreigners, and one site mentions the word "Chinese", but up until this time, there has been no confirmation as to the nationality of either person.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

" but up until this time, there has been no confirmation as to the nationality of either person "

but they're Chinese :)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

jaynewcastle wrote:" but up until this time, there has been no confirmation as to the nationality of either person "

If it wasn’t Chinese, the news would be prominently mentioning it.

Especially Nigerian.

I fear this behavior is going the rub off on the Cambodians.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:08 pm " but up until this time, there has been no confirmation as to the nationality of either person "

Vietnamese
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): Film from a security camera video show the gunman shooting at a Vietnamese man three times, following an argument in the street.After the shooting, the gunman got into a white Lexus NX200t without a license plate and drove off.
Witnesses at the scene say that the two men had drawn knives during their argument, but when one of them tried to run off, the other man shot him before escaping in the Lexus.
It should be noted that the police have now found the identity of the perpetrator and are arresting him for the fatal shooting that occured at around 2 pm on July 29, 2023. Street 360, corner of Street 163, Sangkat Toul Svay Prey I, Khan Boeung Keng Kang, Phnom Penh.
According to the police, the victim was a Vietnamese man, about 30 years old, wearing skinny shorts, a long-sleeved shirt, a black bag, and a pair of sandals. After an autopsy at the scene, the man's body was taken to Stung Meanchey pagoda, waiting for relatives to take it for the traditional ceremony.

Currently, the police are cooperating with many units, and after collecting evidence and knowing the identity of the perpetrators, they are working to conclude the case.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Why are they saying the car had no license plate, when it obviously has one?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Eleven Suspects Taken for Questioning
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): Police from the Phnom Penh Municipal Police Office, in cooperation with the Ministry of Interior's Criminal Department, cordoned off the Sophia Hotel and arrested 11 people, and brought them to the Ministry of Interior for questioning in connection with the murder of a Vietnamese national, MINH HUNG KHOUN, which occurred in Phnom Penh's Boeung Keng Kang district, yesterday.
The police raid took place today at 1 pm on July 30, 2023, at Sophia Hotel, Street 271, in front of Heng Ly Market, Sangkat Teuk Thla, Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh.
The crime was committed at 2 pm on July 29, 2023, when a Vietnamese man was assassinated by a gunman in broad daylight on Street 360; the two were allegedly arguing, then as the victim walked away, the other man fired four shots at him with a pistol, hitting him three times. The victim of the shooting died on the spot from his gunshot wounds, and the assailant escaped in a Lexus NX200t, driven by another person, which was waiting at the intersection of streets 360 and 163.
The motive for the shooting is being investigated, and 11 people of interest have now been sent to the Ministry of Interior for questioning to build a case.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Whatever happens to dead guys junk when they get killed ? I wonder ..
I’m what they call a hoarder .. …
I wonder who got to clean up after me when I die .. I have
( it’s clean , recycleable but not locally here that I know of )
garbage I can’t throw away
… and many odd treasure i dont know if they will even know what to do with ..

:dragonchase: I worry about these things that cause me to lose my hair ..

 ฉิบหาย

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Cheese 🧀
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic