Shoe repairs

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Shoe repairs

Post by armchairlawyer »

I’ll answer my own enquiry.

The man outside the karaoke parlour on street 13 a few shops south of 130, on the east side of the street. Recommended. He works until 5.30pm every day.
DavidFieldman
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Shoe repairs

Post by DavidFieldman »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:47 pm I’ll answer my own enquiry.

The man outside the karaoke parlour on street 13 a few shops south of 130, on the east side of the street. Recommended. He works until 5.30pm every day.
Good to know.

Thanks.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:47 pm I’ll answer my own enquiry.

Does he do leather soles for shoes such as loake?
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

What kind of shoe repairs? I have some leather sole shoes that I currently tend to wait until I go back west, or to Singapore to get fixed, restitched to a new sole etc. Pain in the ass to put in luggage with my flippers!

I've never seen anything like that kind of repair shop here, just a man with some glue & half a clue.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

I always wear Loake https://www.loake.com/repairs/ good sturdy shoe and they offer a lifetime repair facility which isn't cheap but is very good, I have to wear something that will not deform so trainers, flipflops etc are a no no.

Unfortunately the service would be far too expensive so everything will have to be done before I leave the UK
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:32 am What kind of shoe repairs? I have some leather sole shoes that I currently tend to wait until I go back west, or to Singapore to get fixed, restitched to a new sole etc. Pain in the ass to put in luggage with my flippers!

I've never seen anything like that kind of repair shop here, just a man with some glue & half a clue.
Go there and ask him.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic