recommend a mover?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

recommend a mover?

Post by wolfcreek »

Moving a few blocks from current place (Toul Kork area); largest items are a washing machine and a medium-sized refrigerator, and everything else can be packed in boxes (we will help carry everything from apartment to truck and vice-versa). Anyone know of a cheap moving guy with a small truck?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: recommend a mover?

Post by Freightdog »

The other half just asked one of the regular TukTuk drivers that we know/use. Everything spread by word of mouth.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

If you have a local to assist you, you might be able to find one at the places they seem to wait together, like St 205 opposite Patrick Liquor Store, 167 opposite the entrance to the PP Sports Club or 217 just NE of the flyover
MrBen87
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MrBen87 »

My suggestion would be to use passapp, and use a couple romork, old style tuk tuks . Give the drivers an extra $10 each on top of the pass app fare and they will happily do it, as well as helping you carry the stuff.

By using passapp you can set the destination ( save them "getting lost") and track the journey too.

Fridge and washing machine will fit on them, done it myself total cost $20 when I moved from chuk meas to Sansam kosal 5km+. Cheapest truck I could find wanted $70
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Thanks for the replies, everyone.....
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I Like to MOVE It Phnom Penh

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... tid=ZbWKwL

I've used them a couple times, as have friends & family... good communication, care taken when moving your items, they actually know how to pack on the truck, reasonably priced, overall very good service.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic