Breaking: HE resigns

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Breaking: HE resigns

Post by Freightdog »

HE, He’s (confusing pronouns again) probably checking the internet chatter and watching the various paid up members, to see what politicking is going on. All those undisclosed mis-use of authority escapades being checked to see who is loyal (to Man, Son & Family) and who needs taking around the back of the bike sheds for a chat.

If there’s a chance at political conformity, then August may remain. It’s a change of figurehead. Aesthetics. Any hint at irregularity (khmer version, not international) and there may be some adjustment.
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

The tyrant is dead, long live the tyrant.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Excellent timing, maybe Cambodia will have a new PM before Thailand. I admire the smoothness.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Alex wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:06 pm Excellent timing, maybe Cambodia will have a new PM before Thailand. I admire the smoothness.
I'd say thats a given 100%
A new vote for prime minister had been scheduled for Thursday, but was postponed to see if the Constitutional Court would rule on whether it was legal to deny Pita an opportunity to be renominated, while Pheu Thai struggled to seek backing of its nominee.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

Since HE is the title that comes with being PM, can you really say HE resigns?
Shouldn't it either be the current HE resigns or HE (Name of current title holder) resigns?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

jaclu wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:27 am Since HE is the title that comes with being PM, can you really say HE resigns?
Shouldn't it either be the current HE resigns or HE (Name of current title holder) resigns?
Hmm confusing times indeed. Maybe we should use HE(HS) and HE(HM)

which now I've typed it looks suspiciousy like those God awful pronoun goons with their HE/HIS, HE/HIM.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ahhh just in:

Samdech HE to Be Appointed as President of the Royal Council
Phnom Penh (FN), Jul. 26 – Cambodian prime minister HE said that Cambodian king Norodom Sihamoni will appoint him as president of the supreme privy council to the king.

The premier spoke in a special message on Tuesday (Jul 26).

"For my future political life, I will continue to be the president of the ruling party and a member of the National Assembly. In addition, the king will appoint me as the president of the supreme privy council to the king after I step down from prime minister," the premier underscored.

At the same time, Samdech also confirmed that on 25 February 2024, he will become the president of the Senate, replacing Samdech Say Chhum in the new term.
https://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/ ... 29-19.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:29 am ahhh just in:

Samdech HE to Be Appointed as President of the Royal Council
Phnom Penh (FN), Jul. 26 – Cambodian prime minister HE said that Cambodian king Norodom Sihamoni will appoint him as president of the supreme privy council to the king.

The premier spoke in a special message on Tuesday (Jul 26).

"For my future political life, I will continue to be the president of the ruling party and a member of the National Assembly. In addition, the king will appoint me as the president of the supreme privy council to the king after I step down from prime minister," the premier underscored.

At the same time, Samdech also confirmed that on 25 February 2024, he will become the president of the Senate, replacing Samdech Say Chhum in the new term.
https://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/ ... 29-19.html
Subtlety never was his strong point.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic