Filipino Woman Died when she Slipped on Tiles in Phnom Penh House

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Filipino Woman Died when she Slipped on Tiles in Phnom Penh House

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Preliminary news; there are no further details for the moment:
July 20, 2023
Foreigner dies after fall
A foreign woman is reported to have died in Phnom Penh after a fall

The woman – reported to be a female Filipino national aged 54 – [reportedly] slipped and fell on a tiled floor, causing her sudden death at 11 am, on July 19, 2023, in Borey Sun Tony, Trapeang Thleung 4 Village, Sangkat Choam Chao I, Khan Por Sen Chey.

The family will now entomb the body in a traditional festival.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501327554/ ... er-fall-2/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
HaifongWangchuck
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Filipino Woman Died when she Slipped on Tiles in Phnom Penh House

Post by HaifongWangchuck »

Be careful, those tiles are slippery, I almost had a few close calls too!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Khmer choice of floor tiles based primarily on aesthetics- nice and shiny. Secondary quality- easy clean. Especially suspicious fluids. Funny thing, home can be like a minefield with the local tendency for never putting a lid back on a bottle once opened.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

The lack of understanding of the coefficient of friction extends to external patio areas in front of their homes. Shiny glazed tiles that are a magnate for slips and slides are everywhere.
While my mum was living with me she wore house flip-flops as slippers as her slipping in the bathroom was my biggest fears.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Wash the floor with a mix of 5% chlorydric acid in water, surprise, the floor isn't slippery anymore, even when wet.
Don't forget to rinse afterwise, ideally with some AC water, distilled water. And wear gloves.
You're welcome ^^

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:19 pm
My son has discovered this joy of sliding in the bathroom. He gets some speed up, too, much to the terror of my frayed nerves.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic