No idea price BUT fantastic opportunity in Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

No idea price BUT fantastic opportunity in Kampot

Post by phuketrichard »

Great food, great location, depending on price could be a way to get into a very successful business

on fb
After 20 fab years its time to move back home so we are open to selling Rikitikitavi.
Fantastic business with excellent reputation in a prime downtown riverfront location. Beautiful bar and restaurant, 7 to 9 gorgeous rooms, lots of advanced bookings.
A perfect opportunity for anyone looking to relocate to this fabulous town.
Lease till 2029, May be possible to extend.
Open to sensible offers.
Pm for details or call me on 011 793392
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: No idea price BUT fantastic opportunity in Kampot

Post by hanno »

Interesting.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

It is as fantatic as the price is low of course.
You can make easily a million dollar with a bar/guesthouse in KOW: start with 2 million !!
Why would they sell if its so fantastic, if i was in that situation, i would slow down a lot, close more days and get more staff that you have more time for yourself, and put a good manager. But its very complicated to balance between good money, and more time for yourself !!
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I stayed there back in 2017. Was lovely.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

It's a nice place, but realistically, the potential for places that are somewhat expensive seems limited in Kampot (to say it politely). Whenever I've been there and at similar places, they've been pretty empty, so that's what I would be most concerned about as a buyer.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:16 pm It is as fantatic as the price is low of course.
You can make easily a million dollar with a bar/guesthouse in KOW: start with 2 million !!
Why would they sell if its so fantastic, if i was in that situation, i would slow down a lot, close more days and get more staff that you have more time for yourself, and put a good manager. But its very complicated to balance between good money, and more time for yourself !!
its great food, good staff, great location>they have had enough an want go home>
why install a manager that you have to oversee long distance?
better sell up,
BU, i bet it fetches a fancy price
I've never bene there that is was empty ( thats July 21-nov 22) an we usually ate at sunset> the half ribs, drinks an huge house salad was under $20 for 2 of us, other food was always good as well< we would eat there at least every 6 weeks or so the whole time i lived in Kep
value for $$$ :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

What are the odds of the lease being extended at anything like the current rate?
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I have been there also in 15 and 16, just for a meal, nice place. No idea how is Kampot now, and if there is a market for those price-range. When i went it was also pretty empty, but thats long time ago. No idea who runs the place, i thaugt Finish peolple as the name could sound finish, but just found out what it really means/is, hahaha, had to laugh with myself tbh !! If i would have a good running business, its ofcourse also about the numbers, if you dont need anymore the money, you can put a good manager in and pay him good, and then see if the balance is still positive. But ofcourse, if you can sell it for good money, better for you. I remember a riverside place who had several share-holders (in PP) and the main shareholdr had sold his part to another-one (from his country) who hardley knew KOW. One of the main staff told me: I have no idea what numbers they showed to him that he payed "xx" for this shares while its 10 months a year losing money. The one who sold his shares is still laughing i think now. And the one who bought is back to his country longtime ago already !!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

How can a fancy opportunity not have a price?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

The value of this restaurant / hotel is not the businesses. Its a prime location that one day will have a highrise condo or similar.

And when the land will be sold the "rental/lease" contract wiill be worth NOTHING
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic