Koh Tao trial to start tomorrow

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Re: Koh Tao trial to start tomorrow

Post by Rutiger »

They can have all the show trials they want, but since everyone knows the junta demands a quick conviction to get this story out of the news, then that's what we can expect.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

It's pretty obvious what needs to be done if you think about it. Some one else apart from the Thai police needs to take the law into their own hands.
A small team of 'tourists' go to Koh Tao with the express purpose of kidnapping that chief's son and torturing a confession out of him. The same way the police did to the Burmese guys, but much, much worse. It may not bring those two Burmese guys back after they are murdered by the state, but it should have the effect of stopping anymore murders by that chief's family.

Lets see what the trial brings up, but I think the parents are being really pathetic hoping that two innocent men are murdered just so they can rest easy. If they have such full-proof evidence of their guilt, why hasn't anyone else got hold of it?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

they will be convicted
they will appeal
they will obtain a royal pardon and be sent back to Burma ( btw, Aung san say we can call it Burma or Myanmar now)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

phuketrichard wrote:they will be convicted
they will appeal
they will obtain a royal pardon and be sent back to Burma ( btw, Aung san say we can call it Burma or Myanmar now)
I don't see a royal pardon happening for such a high profile murder case of tourists. The last thing Thailand wants is more controversy and international uproar in the media about this case. Whether they are guilty or not, the accused Burmese are going to rot in a Thai prison and be forgotten about.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Koh Tao trial to start tomorrow

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Good point.

An early pardon would be a loss of face after all the international news this is making.

They will be locked up for a while so they will be forgotten about and then when no one is watching they will be allowed to go.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Rutiger wrote:
they will appeal
I don't see a royal pardon happening for such a high profile murder case of tourists. The last thing Thailand wants is more controversy and international uproar in the media about this case. Whether they are guilty or not, the accused Burmese are going to rot in a Thai prison and be forgotten about.

disagree, as Burma moves forward and Thailand moves backwards, it would be a good gesture to appease the country next door, of course it wont happen right away but perhaps on his majesty's birthday in 2017 ( 2016 will be too early) IF.........
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

they will appeal
Only the British and Indians get to call it Burma. Yank.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Can anyone post a good clear pic of that chief's son? I may just go do it myself. I'll tape the sniveling little shit making a confession and boo hoo-ing like a baby and post it all over social media. First place will be on the hacked Thai gov website. I'll pull their fucking pants down and show the whole world that Thai officials have the smallest penises and the biggest lying mouths in the world.

Last edited by juansweetpotato on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

juansweetpotato wrote:Can anyone post a good clear pic of that chief's son? I may just go do it myself. I'll tape the sniveling little shit making a confession and boo hoo-ing like a baby and post it all over social media. First place will be on the hacked Thai gov website. I'll pull their fucking pants down and show the whole world that Thai officials have the smallest penises and the biggest lying mouths in the world.
So you advocate the abduction and torture of someone who, for all you know, hasn't done anything wrong based solely on your conclusions of the ineptly collected and handled so-called evidence leaked through the local media? Pretty much exactly what the Thai police have done to the two accused Burmese. Make it painful enough and you could probably get the Pope to confess to killing Abraham Lincoln.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Rutiger wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:Can anyone post a good clear pic of that chief's son? I may just go do it myself. I'll tape the sniveling little shit making a confession and boo hoo-ing like a baby and post it all over social media. First place will be on the hacked Thai gov website. I'll pull their fucking pants down and show the whole world that Thai officials have the smallest penises and the biggest lying mouths in the world.
So you advocate the abduction and torture of someone who, for all you know, hasn't done anything wrong based solely on your conclusions of the ineptly collected and handled so-called evidence leaked through the local media? Pretty much exactly what the Thai police have done to the two accused Burmese. Make it painful enough and you could probably get the Pope to confess to killing Abraham Lincoln.
Sweet.

How long you been traveling/ living in/on the third world for Rutiger?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic