Mad Mondulkiri "Buffalo" on the Run 3 Months After Shooting Woman

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Mad Mondulkiri "Buffalo" on the Run 3 Months After Shooting Woman

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News(Mondulkiri): On 8 July 2023, a spokesperson for the Mondulkiri Provincial Prosecutor's Office issued a statement on the case of wanted fugitive Ros Puthea, also known as "the Buffalo", who used a firearm to shoot a woman called Chon Sovannet, causing her serious injuries. The victim's injuries were so serious that she is still in hospital, almost 3 months after she was shot at close range on 23 April 2023. Ros Puthea, alias Krabei, was seen firing three shots through a car window at Chon Sovannet, in O Spean village, Sen Monorom city, Mondulkiri province, and one of the shots hit the victim in the lung.

The spokesperson for the Mondulkiri authorities said : " The police immediately investigated the scene, identified the perpetrator, and requested an arrest warrant for Ros Puthea, also known as "the Buffalo", which was issued by the Mondulkiri Provincial Prosecutor's Office. The Office have received a complaint from victim Chon Sovannet, and is continuing to investigate the incident, including the role of the use of firearms in this case. The prosecutor is working with the victim, witnesses, and volunteer lawyers to ensure that justice is served as soon as possible."

However, three months later, the chief suspect in a case of attempted murder who is believed to be armed and dangerous, a giant of a man who is the size of 3 "normal" Khmer men, has managed to escape police notice all this time, although there is a warrant out for his arrest, and his victim is still lying in hospital.
ImageImage
The least that can be said is that the competent authorities are not hot on the trail to secure the capture of "the Buffalo". If, as is believed, the giant fugitive is in still in Mondulkiri, then it would be almost impossible that he has not been sighted. In addition, police have his name, photos, and home address. (There is a clue in the photo where the suspect is wearing a T-shirt with the word POLICE written across the front.)

ImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Mad Mondulkiri "Buffalo" on the Run 3 Months After Shooting Woman

Post by Darkcel »

Question

For cases like this where it's cut and dry that he's the actual assailant, are they able to confiscate his property or bank accounts to cover the victims hospital bills? That 60k raptor would go a long way with helping her.
ceoreg123
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ceoreg123 »

Yea the police to police themselves. Right!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

If I was a cop I'd be reluctant to attempt to arrest this Buffalo who they say is as big as three normal guys. He would fuck you up.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:16 am If I was a cop I'd be reluctant to attempt to arrest this Buffalo who they say is as big as three normal guys. He would fuck you up.
Yeah, not to mention that he must be quite a big man to take on a woman this size ...
...with a gun no less. :rambo:

I don't know what she did to him, but he must've been really scared of her to try to kill her with a drive-by shooting.
Spoiler:
Either she's his ex, or he thinks she's a witch.
Anyway, man up, you useless POS, hand yourself in, and at least pay her hospital bills and some compensation for her suffering.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Obviously not much interest in finding him by the authorities.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Just doesn’t add up. Poor lady.

The guy has a rifle with a long scope and bipod, obvious precision shooting instrument, if that’s what she was shot with.

Either mistaken identity or ordered hit.

He’s someone’s personal assassin, a special someone who doesn’t want him found.

That’s my speculation, of course.

All these interesting stories that no one will ever know the conclusion.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Mad Mondulkiri

Post by Alex »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:27 pm All these interesting stories that no one will ever know the conclusion.
Why? You've figured it out from thousands of miles away.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Mad Mondulkiri

Post by Ghostwriter »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:27 pm All these interesting stories that no one will ever know the conclusion.
I didn't realize that a story about a fat guy shooting someone for no apparent reason was qualified as "interesting" in your state, you must be overloaded with "interesting stories" mysteries to resolve...When you're done with Texas and Cambodia, Florida and Brazil are gonna need you badly !

Don't watch Twin Peaks though, i have a feeling it might mess with your deduction skills, due to an unhealthy level of combined mysterious mysteries piling up on one another, up to uncertain levels of comprehension.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I haven’t figured anything out. Just conjecture and speculation. I always state this. Other members love to assume that I have a crystal ball that can actually see events.

In the US, news is more or less reported. TMZ for the borderline gossip, Dateline 60 Minutes, etc, that follows a story from beginning to end.

Cambodia doesn’t allow any such things. I simply state the obvious. Unfortunately some members get angry when the obvious is stated and would like to attack others for shattering their bubble of perfection.

This is supposed to be a forum to encourage members to participate. This isn’t Cambodia where only certain voices are allowed and the others are to remain silent.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic