A Good Massage Suggestion

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

A Good Massage Suggestion

Post by Yerg »

I’m hitting town in about 10 days. After a year of cooking for 300 unappreciative children every day, I want a bloody good massage. I won’t be carrying any $100 bills to be swapped. So would appreciate some genuine good advice about where to get a decent massage near where I’m staying. I’ll be staying near Villa Grange. So anything walking distance from there would awesome. And no happy endings required. Thanks in advance.
DavidFieldman
Expatriate
Canada

Re: A Good Massage Suggestion

Post by DavidFieldman »

Yerg wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:27 am I’m hitting town in about 10 days. After a year of cooking for 300 unappreciative children every day, I want a bloody good massage. I won’t be carrying any $100 bills to be swapped. So would appreciate some genuine good advice about where to get a decent massage near where I’m staying. I’ll be staying near Villa Grange. So anything walking distance from there would awesome. And no happy endings required. Thanks in advance.
Since you are staying near Villa Grange -- I stayed here when I first arrived in May -- I suggest you go to Vines nearby and ask for Greg, the manager. He knows everything available in the vicinity. By the way, they have great burgers at Vines.

Good luck with finding the massage place. Please pass along your comments about your massage and the prices.

David
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

Best place I’ve had a massage recently is in TTP area at a place called Devatara Spa on St 135 corner 450
They have decent deals and great masseuses.

The 90minute warm oil stone massage is about $31 after discount and tax.

Devatara Spa Phnom Penh
092 707 137

https://www.devataraspa.com/

Passapp will cost you less than $2 ew back to Villa Grange. Some nice places to eat and drink suiting a range of budgets in the area also. Worth the trip over. Enjoy!
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Sheepdog wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:26 pm Best place I’ve had a massage recently is in TTP area at a place called Devatara Spa on St 135 corner 450
They have decent deals and great masseuses.

The 90minute warm oil stone massage is about $31 after discount and tax.

Devatara Spa Phnom Penh
092 707 137

https://www.devataraspa.com/

Passapp will cost you less than $2 ew back to Villa Grange. Some nice places to eat and drink suiting a range of budgets in the area also. Worth the trip over. Enjoy!
What about the tips?
Boredom is like a shroud
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I expect you already know to avoid all of the places with the rectangular massage sign on wheels outside, the one with the image of the couple lying blissfully side by side getting massaged, and ladies lying around on sofas while they tap on their phones and call out at passing males.

Of the normal places, there are two opposite the Ohana hotel on 148. The left hand one charges $12 for one hour with (good) oil. Ask for Mao.

Tip well if you can, times are hard atm.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Yerg wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:27 am I’m hitting town in about 10 days. After a year of cooking for 300 unappreciative children every day, I want a bloody good massage. I won’t be carrying any $100 bills to be swapped. So would appreciate some genuine good advice about where to get a decent massage near where I’m staying. I’ll be staying near Villa Grange. So anything walking distance from there would awesome. And no happy endings required. Thanks in advance.
Re the happy endings, this may be offered almost anywhere. That doesn’t mean the message is no good. Just say no. Or a good way to preempt it is to shift your todger to the other side when she starts to massage your leg.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Bodia spa has some amazing packages
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Darkcel wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:15 pm Bodia spa has some amazing packages