Practical Handbook for Foreign Investors in Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Practical Handbook for Foreign Investors in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Handbook on Investing in Cambodia Launched
AKP Phnom Penh, July 11, 2023 --
“Handbook on Investing in Cambodia” has been launched as practical guide for foreign investors looking for opportunities in the Cambodian market, with a particular focus on the 2021 Law on Investment.

The launching ceremony was held here on July 10 under the presidency of Minister Attached to the Prime Minister and Secretary General of the Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC) H.E. Sok Chenda Sophea and Australia’s Special Envoy for Southeast Asia, Mr. Nicholas Moore.

It draws on experiences and lessons learned by established investors, as well as insights shared by representatives of the Cambodian government and private sector.

“The Handbook is a product of close collaboration between Australia and Cambodia, and aims to bolster investment opportunities in the Kingdom by explaining essential investment rules and processes,” the Australian Embassy said in a statement released on July 11.

“The Handbook is a practical guide for Australian and other foreign investors looking for opportunities in the Cambodian market, with a particular focus on the 2021 Law on Investment,” it underlined.

Australia’s Special Envoy for Southeast Asia, Mr. Nicholas Moore is in Phnom Penh this week as part of his regional consultations to help guide the development of the Australian Government’s Southeast Asia Economic Strategy to 2040.
By Chea Vannak
AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Practical Handbook for Foreign Investors in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

"Handbook on Investing in Cambodia"
Read or download here:
https://cdc.gov.kh/wp-content/uploads/2 ... mbodia.pdf
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

practical, okay: how can i invest 5000 euros (no dollars) and will have next Year more then 5500 euros (no pounds) ??
KunKhmerSR
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by KunKhmerSR »

A handbook? Pfff that's only for amateurs! I've already got it all figured out, this lovely lady I met at a fine drinking establishment on 130 street told me her brother has land down in Kampot for only $20,000! And the best thing is she told me in a few years they will build an airport right in that area so I will double, maybe even triple my investment! And the best thing: Because I can not buy the land we will buy it in her name and she told me she will safekeep it without charging me! Now who needs a handbook when you have as amazing business outreach as I do?!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

KunKhmerSR wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:38 am A handbook? Pfff that's only for amateurs! I've already got it all figured out, this lovely lady I met at a fine drinking establishment on 130 street told me her brother has land down in Kampot for only $20,000! And the best thing is she told me in a few years they will build an airport right in that area so I will double, maybe even triple my investment! And the best thing: Because I can not buy the land we will buy it in her name and she told me she will safekeep it without charging me! Now who needs a handbook when you have as amazing business outreach as I do?!
Congratulations on your land purchase. You should marry her and have children to complete the unholy trinity of expat folly.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Bongmab69 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:29 am practical, okay: how can i invest 5000 euros (no dollars) and will have next Year more then 5500 euros (no pounds) ??
5% is easyily doable with a good rating on your investment. Check the latests offers of some european banks.
10% is doable ONLY if you are willing to accept some risks.

Some people here on the forum seem to be happy with 7.5% on a fixed deposit (1 year, in KHR) with a local cambodian bank. Obvously there are some risks in this case (KHR devaluation and default risk of the underlying bank).
work is for people who cant find truffles
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Doc67 wrote:
KunKhmerSR wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:38 am A handbook? Pfff that's only for amateurs! I've already got it all figured out, this lovely lady I met at a fine drinking establishment on 130 street told me her brother has land down in Kampot for only $20,000! And the best thing is she told me in a few years they will build an airport right in that area so I will double, maybe even triple my investment! And the best thing: Because I can not buy the land we will buy it in her name and she told me she will safekeep it without charging me! Now who needs a handbook when you have as amazing business outreach as I do?!
Congratulations on your land purchase. You should marry her and have children to complete the unholy trinity of expat folly.
I thought the banks and micro finance institutions were these evil entities fleecing off the misery of ordinary Cambodians? And all loans should be forgiven?

You means there’s two sides to a coin?

Just kidding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic