BBC Presenter Allegedly paid underage teen for sexual photos

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: BBC Presenter Allegedly paid underage teen for sexual photos

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I've never heard of the twat before. Leading presenter my sweet young ass
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:36 am "....has been named by his wife!

This is NOT Being handled correctly>>>
Correct.

When the mother approached the Sun, there should have been an emphasis on pause to establish facts, not rush to establish sensation.

When it was in the hands of the BBC, there should have been (was there?) clear assurance that it would be treated seriously.

However, almost certainly this mother’s expectations will have been at odds with reality- as also expressed by those clamouring for a name, and a lynching in the court of public opinion, which is relentless and insatiable. It won’t be satisfied by the revelation of a name alone. It will want more and more sordid details, even though the police have clarified that there is and was no case to answer.

We are moving quite chaotically towards a demonstration that privacy is no longer something that we can expect. Arguments that start along the lines of ‘if you’ve done nothing wrong’ becoming increasingly hollow.

Beware what you wish for!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

BBC says he is in a "hospital" for the past few days for mental health issues an once he is out will respond
BBC wont be adding anymore to the report but he has NOT been fired>

POLICE still state "NO Criminal activity"
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:02 am I've never heard of the twat before. Leading presenter my sweet young ass
He is the bbc leading presenter. Has done the royal weddings and was rolled out to give the news of the queens death and other breaking news. Id say that makes him a lead
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

cautious colin wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:24 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:02 am I've never heard of the twat before. Leading presenter my sweet young ass
Has done the royal weddings and was rolled out to give the news of the queens death and other breaking news.
Ah, I see. I don't watch royal charades on telly or in real life, so that explains why I've never heard of him - despite years spent in England

So, if I get this straight, Huw didn't break any laws but did scorn his wife and is now feeling the effects of her fury?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

No. Huw Edwards has been a key presenter for many years, and as a result has also been a main presenter in such things as royal occasions and events.

According to police, no law was broken in relation to these allegations, leaving the allegations unfounded. However, and unfortunately, likely because of who he is, his personal life is now the fodder for people who read news headlines about scandal, or the latest plot twist of their favourite soap opera, for instance.

If it were you or I, or anyone else, at most it would be a footnote quickly forgotten on an expat forum.

When it all settles down, I hope justice results in equal damage to the those who sought to profit from this.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:16 am
cautious colin wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:24 am
Has done the royal weddings and was rolled out to give the news of the queens death and other breaking news.
Ah, I see. I don't watch royal charades on telly or in real life, so that explains why I've never heard of him - despite years spent in England

So, if I get this straight, Huw didn't break any laws but did scorn his wife and is now feeling the effects of her fury?
He is very bland and easily forgotten. Until now of course. Newsreaders are supposed to be like that I guess. The news is the star, not them. Which raises the question why he was paid £400k+ and could afford to waste £35k on looking at someone in their underwear.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

He probably says the same about you
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Bluenose wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:47 am
No way. If JA has a sweet youg ass, Huw will know him already.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Bluenose wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:47 am
Ha! Benefits of not being on blast in the British media machine
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic