it's tough to argue pot should be 100% illegal.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

it's tough to argue pot should be 100% illegal.

Post by phuketrichard »

pot is not as bad as everynoe thinks it is

Not too many people seem to have an issue with legalized alcohol and tobacco.
Weed, on the other hand? That's a different story. Roughly half of America still gives legalized marijuana a thumbs-down.
But as we know, public opinion doesn't necessarily take facts into account.

http://www.upworthy.com/no-matter-how-y ... tly?c=ufb3

I keep trying to inbed the youtube but cant anymore
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: it's tough to argue pot should be 100% illegal.

Post by Username Taken »

Here you go :good:

vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

tbh, I think it should be legalised, but people should be considerate, ie not smoke it in restaurants
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

vladimir wrote:t, but people should be considerate, ie not smoke it in restaurants
and not in public places, train stations, airports, parks, pubs, home......basically nowhere :)
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

When I grew up in the states, we were shown lots anti-marijuana propaganda films at school. The rumor mills were worse!

In the third grade, some sixth graders told us that you would lose your mind and sleep with your mother…lol. I believed this BS for a long time.

Did all of you gentleman also get a healthy dose of over the top anti-drug propaganda too? What was the craziest non-sense told and how long before you challenged what you were told?
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Therapist wrote:that you would lose your mind
Honestly, I've never met a Marihuana addict that was sane.
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
Therapist wrote:that you would lose your mind
Honestly, I've never met a Marihuana addict that was sane.
Granted, but lost your mind and then commit incest? LOL!
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

only if Mamma is high, too :wink:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

no one in my grade school ever had heard of weed

BUT
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028346/

I knew everyone in my hs ( of over 600) that smoked weed and u could count them on both hands

what is a Marihuana addict?? never met one
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

There is indeed a lot of stigma shadowing smoke. People often forget that cannabis doesn't need to be smoked.

If cannabis was legal but smoking cannabis was illegal, would that change opinion? Perhaps a regulation on smoking in public including tobacco.
Therapist wrote:What was the craziest non-sense told and how long before you challenged what you were told?
According to state propaganda, THC would build up in the brain and be released at random times triggering psychosis months or years after intake. Smoking hash makes you run around naked begging people not to peel you because you are an orange. It would also make you antisocial, listen to Bob Marley and generally stupid.

One time we had a knower visit us in school. He told us the story about how his brother became a heroin addict because of reefer. I debated with him in front of all the other kids during this event and ended up tearing his whole story apart. After that I did some quick registry checks and it turned out that he didn't even have a brother and the whole story was made up. Shortly after the guy broke down, I was put in a serious you-can't-do-that meeting with the principal and they never allowed me to sit in on anything similar ever again. Instead, they made me do math as if that was some sort of punishment. I still remember him saying, with a shaky lip, "I don't want to talk to you anymore".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic