will you leave Twitter for Threads?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: will you leave Twitter for Threads?

Post by pissontheroof »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:04 am
pissontheroof wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:17 am Methinks somebody has way too much time on their hands for all this…
I think they call it retirement.
Yes , i also am retired , but there seems to be a line somewhere for sane things .but
this is a different era , twitter just sounds and seems girlish to me .
As does tiktok I will never get what they are doing to ( 🫵🏽 You ? ). Whoever clicks it
I don’t know if I deem it immature or just stupid I don’t know because my little bugger
loves it where i shy away , but maybe it’s because of my eyes or mindset , watching educational
you tubes about my prostate makes me sleepy ..
i like biographies and otis gibbs , tho he’s a bit over brotherly but a good egg .
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:04 am
pissontheroof wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:17 am Methinks somebody has way too much time on their hands for all this…
I think they call it retirement.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

pissontheroof wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:17 am Methinks somebody has way too much time on their hands for all this BS
The irony
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

So, I recently found out my YouTube comments don't even get seen by others. I'm shadow banned, in the sinbin for upsetting someone who was in their safe space. I started using bitchute, but I use Rumble as much as possible now, as it's seems the biggest second contender to YouTube, that UFC douchebag who slapped his wife, Dana white, is doing the power slapping thing on rumble, 3 hours of dipshits getting the shit slapped out of them today, it was glorious. Russell Brand just interviewed Tucker Carlson on it. But YouTube still has the monopoly. Sooo many people i followed on YouTube have been demonitised or cancelled for saying things that aren't "woke", so, demonitised and had to find different platforms.
For me, my time on twitter resulted in negative feelings and dealing with petty trolling. But on free speech I trust Elon Musk more than Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff bezos and Bill Gates combined. I'd go for twitter, but I have a life. But for those with kids, yeah, this is important to know and educate yourself about, because they're going to be heavily influenced depending on the platform of choice.
DavidFieldman
Expatriate
Canada

Post by DavidFieldman »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:37 am I’ll use both twitter and threads. I use twitter daily and check in multiple times per day
Since Threads is built on Instagram, should you decide to de-Thread yourself, you will lose your Instagram postings, photos, etc, never to be recovered.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

DavidFieldman wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:09 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:37 am I’ll use both twitter and threads. I use twitter daily and check in multiple times per day
Since Threads is built on Instagram, should you decide to de-Thread yourself, you will lose your Instagram postings, photos, etc, never to be recovered.
the biggest reason NOT to download threads UNLESS you set up a new account ( email) not tied to ur Instagram account>

I love twitter, get my news on thailand, Cambodia, Burma there and stuff on GPT and other things i am interested in
Its a tool , nothing more
its all about who you follow
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Just to be clear from someone who doesn't really follow this type of thing - Threads is Facebook's rip-off of Twitter and that's why Elon and Musk are arranging to have a fight or something?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

I'd love to see a fight between Elon and Musk. I'd sign back up to Twitter to see that.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Private Nuts wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:51 pm I'd love to see a fight between Elon and Musk. I'd sign back up to Twitter to see that.
Would he just look in the mirror or something? :facepalm:
cambomech
Tourist
Australia

Post by cambomech »

Does the world really need another social app?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic