Scammed at Larry’s Bar

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Scammed at Larry’s Bar

Post by hanno »

Scam alert Larry’s Bar & Grill

Due to a communication breakdown, I ended up at above establishment tonight. Service was good, food was mediocre, but all OK until it was time to settle.

Bill came to $37.40 or something, just over 150,000 Riel. I handed over 200,000 and the waitress came back with 8,000 Riel in change. When I queried that, she told me that I gave here 150,000 Riel and 2 US Dollars. That is impossible, as I do not carry Dollars and pay all my bills in Riel.

The lady was adamant but when I asked her to check CCTV, she told me that the cameras were not working today. So yes, I got done.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Scammed at Larry’s Bar

Post by violet »

Wasn’t Larry there?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

I would take it up with Larry and give him the opportunity to address the problem before slagging off his establishment online.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Go there again today and settle this issue with Larry. I am 100% sure there will be a solution. Especially when he is aware of a problem like that, he can solve it on a different level.
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I do not know Larry, but there was nobody in the place as it was pissing down. I'll put it down to experience. As Larry has many friends here, I ask the MOD to remove my post.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

hanno wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:07 am I do not know Larry, but there was nobody in the place as it was pissing down. I'll put it down to experience. As Larry has many friends here, I ask the MOD to remove my post.
I wouldn't. I know there's been issues with another cashier at Harry's before so I am pretty sure he would like to know about this.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:34 am
hanno wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:07 am I do not know Larry, but there was nobody in the place as it was pissing down. I'll put it down to experience. As Larry has many friends here, I ask the MOD to remove my post.
I wouldn't. I know there's been issues with another cashier at Harry's before so I am pretty sure he would like to know about this.
I agree. Whilst I have never been to the establishment in question I do believe that, given his, and the OPs, good standing, he would be keen to address this issue. Who knows, maybe there have been other incidents?
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JReb »

No camera, her word against someone the owner does not know...
You lost what? $10us..
Go somewhere else...I have walked past Larry's hundreds of times..
Go tell your story...see if he believes you.
Imagine a Khmer lady having a scam up her sleave?
You spent on over $35usd..on what? 50 cent beers and some grub..
You were scammed the moment you went in there..
Tough break
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Keep the thread up, it’s important for other customers to know. I’ll be visiting and will be careful if I visit Larry’s
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:34 am
Harry’s is owned by the same guy?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic