Actor Matt Dillon To Visit Cambodia For Nationwide “City of Ghosts” Screenings

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

30/06/2023

Exclusive Meet & Greet with the esteemed actor and director, Matt Dillon

Oscar nominated Hollywood actor and director Matt Dillon is rallying behind the Cambodian film industry’s burgeoning growth and global recognition. As the Official Patron of the Cambodia International Film Festival (CIFF), Dillon will be the guest of honor at a special Meet & Greet aimed at illuminating the commendable strides made by Cambodian cinema.

Dillon’s mission focuses on magnifying the progress of Cambodia’s film scene, an industry experiencing a dynamic evolution and seeking a more prominent spot on the world stage. The event invites festival partners to interact with Dillon in an intimate discourse, shedding light on his thoughts, experiences, and enthusiasm for Cambodia’s cinematic growth.

The event will also include screenings of the Cambodian feature film “City of Ghosts”, accompanied by Dillon-led discussions. This cinematic journey is set to be graced by several prominent Cambodian film stars, industry professionals, and a select group of Hollywood heavyweights.

Prospective partners can easily join the festival by scanning a provided QR code, which will allow direct contact with the Secretary General, Mr. So Chandara, and access a PDF form to officially become a partner. For those unable to become partners this year there’s also an option to simply make a donation to support this culturally significant institution.

This convergence of cinema enthusiasts and industry bigwigs underscores the festival’s commitment to supporting Cambodian cinema. It provides a significant platform to exchange ideas, appreciate local talent, and foster partnerships that can drive the industry forward.

Join us in shaping the future of Cambodian cinema and celebrate the magic of film. For inquiries, please contact Mr. Chandara So, General Secretary of the Cambodia International Film Festival.

Email: [email protected]
Tel: +(855) 89 971 411
https://www.b2b-cambodia.com/news/actor ... creenings/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Actor Matt Dillon To Visit Cambodia For Nationwide “City of Ghosts” Screenings

Trailer: City of Ghosts, 2002
A con man (Matt Dillon) travels to Cambodia (also on the run from law enforcement in the U.S.) to collect his share in an insurance scam, but discovers more than he bargained for.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Actor Matt Dillon To Visit Cambodia For Nationwide “City of Ghosts” Screenings

Tonight in Kampot:
Hollywood comes to Kampot..!!
20 years after Matt Dillon came to Kampot to make the film City of Ghosts, he’s back..!!
Join us this Wednesday the 12th of July for a unique FREE outdoor screening of City of Ghosts with Matt Dillon and special guests from 6.30pm..!!!
The screening will be on the beautiful riverside looking towards Bokor Mountain at the location below:
We sincerely hope you can join us..

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

The movie isn't that good, the media is talking him up like Angelina is back in town.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

I was in Cambodia when this film was released. It was banned for painting Cambodia in a negative light. That didn't mean that you couldn't buy a copy from the DVD shop on Sihanouk Blvd of course, but they weren't openly for sale.

A few old faces in that film 👍
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Darkcel wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:41 pm The movie isn't that good, the media is talking him up like Angelina is back in town.
It wasn't a great movie but it is interesting in how it captured the atmosphere of early 90s Cambodia. The first time I visited here I was in FCC and Dillon sat with some women at the table next to me. I left and went to Heart of Darkness and he turned up a couple of minutes later. My friend and myself joked that he was following us. I overheard him talking about visiting here in 1993. The film was the first foreign one made here since the 60s I believe.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic