Cambodian Woman Catches 'Barang Chakoot' on VIDEO in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodian Woman Catches 'Barang Chakoot' on VIDEO in Phnom Penh

Post by franzjaeger »

This country is no place for foreign scum, idiots and troublemakers. It's easy to see who is disturbing the peace here. A complete clown. He should be very lucky that the police weren't at his door. You can recognize them by the fact that they carry automatic weapons and have the power to remove any obscene item from this hemisphere at record speed. There is only one direction this behavior will take him. And it will be a place where most other long-term expats will be happy to see him, shed several thousand dollars and go back to his parents, who should have slapped him a lot more times growing up than they did. If you are a foreigner here and have trouble with your landlord and neighbors, you have no choice but to find better bang for your buck accommodation.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

JReb wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:33 am I see e guy losing his shit over John's on his street and whores selling sex.
Deport?
I had a tuk tuk driver yell at me because I was walking to an ATM in PP last week..he pulled out a sign in perfect English.
NO MONEY
NO FOOD..
He was rude in public on the river yelling at me..
Because, I did not give him any money.
I had a Thai lady attack me at train station because she wanted money for yaba ice in Bangkok..
I was heading north...She tore off my shirt..hit me with her suitcase.. pulled my hair and yelled at me in front hundreds of This...I was humiliated and it really sucked.
I think it is time to get out of Cambodia...things are going from bad to worse.
I have a Khmer neighbor who yells into his phone above my bedroom window.
All this phoney smiling is a joke.
People act stupid..
If a foreign person posted a Khmer losing his shit he would be sued...
Glad I have a passport..
But, I have 5 months on my lease.
I do not want to break my lease.
I wish I could say the same about my Khmer landlord in 2018 who broke my lease with 8 months left..
Smiled and told me to leave in 30 days..turned off my water...
I just see a frustrated poor bastard losing his shit..
Sadly, most of you want him lynched...
I feel bad for all involved...
In Thailand, when I was attacked... people gave me the you poor bastard smile...
Cool your heart is often said..
Sound advice...
Better yet...buy a plane ticket and self deport..
Even if that were the case, which I highly doubt it is, what business is it of his to “lose his shit” over something he probably came here for?

All he appears to be is a terrible drunk idiot who has a superiority complex and has rage issues.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

To the apologists: I think the behavior on display is indefensible, no matter what "history" has led to this.

Scenario #1, this was a one-off; anyone can have a bad day and say or do things they shouldn't say or do. Apologize, hat in hand, and make sure the same never happens again.

Scenario #2, he's just habitually drunk and being an asshole. Your day will come, eventually you'll meet someone who doesn't put up with your shit.

I'm leaning towards #2.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

This country is no place for foreign scum, idiots and troublemakers.
How long have you been in Cambodia for?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:21 pm This country is no place for foreign scum, idiots and troublemakers.
Probably long enough to notice the change in westerner demographics.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

Long enough to avoid being caught on video like an idiot locked up in a borey purchase. I've been around long enough to know the difference between security guards and the real police. I had a shitty landlord in TTP renting out the cheapest cardboard apartment call them on me while I was having a nice quiet party. They left after a short time, cause it was the landlord who was the real criminal in that case. Long enough to know that apologizing won't get you anywhere here. Apologies are for western foreign losers. Forgive me if I can't be as cool as you cooldude.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

franzjaeger wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:41 pm Long enough to avoid being caught on video like an idiot locked up in a borey purchase. I've been around long enough to know the difference between security guards and the real police. I had a shitty landlord in TTP renting out the cheapest cardboard apartment call them on me while I was having a nice quiet party. They left after a short time, cause it was the landlord who was the real criminal in that case. Long enough to know that apologizing won't get you anywhere here. Apologies are for western foreign losers. Forgive me if I can't be as cool as you cooldude.
franzjaeger wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:41 pm Long enough to avoid being caught on video like an idiot locked up in a borey purchase. I've been around long enough to know the difference between security guards and the real police. I had a shitty landlord in TTP renting out the cheapest cardboard apartment call them on me while I was having a nice quiet party. They left after a short time, cause it was the landlord who was the real criminal in that case. Long enough to know that apologizing won't get you anywhere here. Apologies are for western foreign losers. Forgive me if I can't be as cool as you cooldude.
Great deflection. Again, how long have you been in Cambodia?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:37 pm
Cooldude wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:21 pm This country is no place for foreign scum, idiots and troublemakers.
I don't see any change. Where are all of these quality expats that you speak of?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

You obviously haven't been around very long yourself.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
RONEV
Expatriate

Post by RONEV »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:00 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:37 pm
I don't see any change. Where are all of these quality expats that you speak of?
For years John Bingham has been regaling us with stories of living in a mythical Phnom Penh neighborhood were all the white residents are highly educated, unfailingly polite, teetotaling, arisocratic, family-oriented, churchgoing top blokes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic