Cambodian Woman Catches 'Barang Chakoot' on VIDEO in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Cambodian Woman Catches 'Barang Chakoot' on VIDEO in Phnom Penh

Post by IraHayes »

franzjaeger wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:34 pm This is like the work of at least ten good barangs for years trying to be respectful and courteous going down the drain in a few seconds. Guys like that should be removed from this hemisphere or re-educated immediately by any means necessary. And they are re-occurring? Start handing out the fines for disorderly conduct, let him sleep it out in a tiny cell with no fan and 12 wicked inmates on his back.
This s a little different from the usual drunk barang captured on video whilst he is frequenting the seedier streets of Phnom Penh. This is more of a frustrated neighbour issue I think. And in a borey, no less.
As I have said, with no information about the events that led up to the video we see we cannot draw to many conclusions.
It is quite probable that the video show the culmination of a series of interactions with his neighbours over a long period of time that has festered below the surface and what we are witnessing in the video is weeks, or months, of pent up frustration being released.

That being said, it is also possible that the barang has been overly sensitive to the lifestyle here and as the old saying goes, "we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto", may have some bearing on his actions. Maybe all the little things we let wash over us didnt quite wash over him and over time they became more than petty annoyances.

----------
As I was re-reading this before posting a thought occurred to me. These borey developments, do they have anything like a HOA setup where you agree to a certain set of rules when you buy a house there. eg. no loud music/parties after a certain time, dogs barking, etc. You know general things that are put into writing so you can have a nice respectful neighbourhood where people are considerate of others.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's already been pointed out that it was the Barang who has been making all the noise and disturbing the neighborhood with his loud arguments.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Ah-ha. I must have missed this.

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:23 pm The Cambodian woman who recorded the videos and posted them on Facebook said that the foreigner was drunk and having a loud argument with his girlfriend, and that it happens regularly, so she called the Borey Security because they are always causing problems and disturbing the peace and all the neighbours are sick of it.
This *missing* info puts a whole new light on the video and my previous post.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

IraHayes wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:20 pm Ah-ha. I must have missed this.

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:23 pm The Cambodian woman who recorded the videos and posted them on Facebook said that the foreigner was drunk and having a loud argument with his girlfriend, and that it happens regularly, so she called the Borey Security because they are always causing problems and disturbing the peace and all the neighbours are sick of it.
This *missing* info puts a whole new light on the video and my previous post.
But the regularly occurring loud argument with his girlfriend wasn’t recorded, only the interaction once the brown shirts had arrived- for what? Better viewing figures? I’m guessing the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

But the regularly occurring loud argument with his girlfriend wasn’t recorded, only the interaction once the brown shirts
Those are not police, they are just borey security guards.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

With all due respect I don’t think there is any situation that calls for ignorant behavior like this. In my opinion he should be expelled from Cambodia permanently, just like any other visitor in any other country would be for this kind of disrespect.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

in a 55 second video, 14 times the f-word !!
Wont be world record, but maybe PP-record ???
Aussies above or where does he come from ??
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

And he calls khmers stupid.. :wtf:
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Nobby Stiles »

LTD!!! 🤣🤣
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

I don't care... He might be behaving like a dickhead. If none of you have been a dickhead at any point of your lives.. well, your a liar and you've never lived. I've basically acted the same while trying to get a knife out of my idiot ex's hands.. too much missing info to have a solid idea of what the hell's going on..

Cmon.. none of you were born yesterday
sumfin smart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic