Visa extension mistake through hotel

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Visa extension mistake through hotel

Post by alexvanlaar »

RONEV wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:47 am
Private Nuts wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:11 am Ok, so after looking up lost passport options for Aussies overseas, I'm a little less stressed as I have photos of my passport and acquired some beer on a morning walk.
It's more a case of, because I don't currently have a receipt, no hotel will admit you and if I don't get one, he's basically got me by the balls forcing me to stay at his hotel until the passport comes back. But alot less stress now.
But you saved $2. That’s the important thing.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Visa extension mistake through hotel

Post by armchairlawyer »

Several years ago dozens of passports for visa renewal disappeared with a guy who had been tasked with collecting them from visa agents in Kampot and delivering them to PP. it all ended happily somehow or other but caused a bit of consternation for a week or so.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic