Visa extension mistake through hotel

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Visa extension mistake through hotel

Post by Private Nuts »

AHH good news, he just gave me the receipt from the company. Yeah I guess he just saw an opportunity to make some commission. But I think next time I'll stick with an actual travel agency. Glad it's sorted. Thanks for the kind words of support and advice from those who had them.
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

What was the big mistake?
Not like you gave it to some guy in the street..
All hotels offer visa extension services.

Alright you forgot the receipt, I think a bigger mistake was probably to do with your dosage
sumfin smart
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

DeparRudeAnts wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:23 pm What was the big mistake?

Alright you forgot the receipt, I think a bigger mistake was probably to do with your dosage
He didn't get a receipt, put your glasses on old man. Dosage? Do you mean the 500 mg vitamin C or 10,000iu of vitamin D? What dose do you recommend doctor?.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Sounds like your staying in some run down guesthouse in a 5 dollar a night fan room

Keep it up, we'll be seeing you on here shortly from the sound of it
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

Private Nuts wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:49 am

He didn't get a receipt, put your glasses on old man. Dosage? Do you mean the 500 mg vitamin C or 10,000iu of vitamin D? What dose do you recommend doctor?.
Fruit and veg? Multivits aren't the best option
sumfin smart
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

Darkcel wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:08 pm Sounds like your staying in some run down guesthouse in a 5 dollar a night fan room

Keep it up, we'll be seeing you on here shortly from the sound of it
Keep what up, I admitted I made an idiot move.

You sound like you're making fun of people who don't have as much money as you. That's an Ahole statement Darkcel.

Well now we know how you look at the less fortunate. You should be ashamed but I doubt you're capable of that, I also doubt you're capable of saying sorry without a whif of obnoxiousness.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

DeparRudeAnts wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:19 pm
Private Nuts wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:49 am

Fruit and veg? Multivits aren't the best option
Vitamin D isn't sufficient in fruit n veg friend, but ask your pharmacist and they'll happily explain.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Amongst all the hay there are a few "needles" of information and advice we can glean from this thread.

1: Hotels regularly do Visa extensions

2: Their objective may be to keep you as a paying guest until the process is completed.

3: making rash, on-the-spot decisions about your most important travel document may cause you some minor inconvenience.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

Yes, so update.
Good analysis Ira.
Got my passport today, 9 days, from Siem Reap to PP and back which is actually the quickest I've ever experienced. Usually it's two weeks and note, today is a Saturday.
I paid 55 US for the extension which is what I paid on the main street a few months ago.
My hotel manager obviously knew I was being ripped off and so that's why he took it upon himself to get the commission.
As I stated, after that night of no sleep, he gave me the receipt.
He knocked on my door today and said, your passports here, I need the receipt. I gave it to him. Everything perfect. Fastest I've ever experienced for Siem reap visa extension.
Did I pay too much?.
I don't care, it's sorted. As I've lost my savings card and am doing western union and need my passport to do a withdrawal to get my meds, yeah, I feel maybe I overreacted that night not having a receipt iny hand and watching videos of individuals having to have a photograph and thumb print and signature, none of which I did. But I don't know, Cambodia's an odd place, he's got alot of experience and I've lent him money which I'm paying off through buying food at the hotel. I trust him and he trusts me. He had a Chinese refugee do a runner last week, never took off his mask and, well long story. Thanks for the positive responses. Just wanted to update the thread. Peace, PrivateNuts.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

Yes Ira, you are correct, it's a good way for the hotel to keep you as a resident in the hotel.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic