hotel suggestions in Siem Reap

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

hotel suggestions in Siem Reap

Post by BklynBoy »

Can anyone offer suggestions on a hotel to stay for long weekend in Siem Reap?
nothing to loud and has a pool.

Thanks in advance
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
WildAlaskaKen
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: hotel suggestions in Siem Reap

Post by WildAlaskaKen »

I stayed at Tito Suites in March. It was wondeful.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

We stayed at the Somadevi Angkor Premium some years ago. Nice pool. Quiet, off the main street and not too close to pub street. They have an Aspara show which was nice. Special rate for the month $65USD

https://somadeviangkorpremium.com/speci ... deal-rates
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

Also a couple years back now, but I had a pleasant stay at Hari Residence & Spa, off BBU road by the market and river. It was relatively quiet and the pool setup I remember being quite nice.
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JReb »

I would suggest booking.com...
You can see recent comments..
50+% of places that were superb are closed.
Great prices...any part of town you want...
Enjoy my city...it needs some customers.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

JReb wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:55 am I would suggest booking.com...
I feel uncomfortable reserving online w/ payment. Just because i have had bad experiences etc. Never get money back but maybe things changed? on other hand i have seen rates cheaper via booking.com then going to the actual website.
another factor would be the quality of hotel. Assume if better quality- it's easier to manage

thanks ..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
barang_TK
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by barang_TK »

As most of SR hotels work with Booking.com, you can go on the website, check photos and reviews, make your choice and, then, book on the hotel's website, phone the reception or just get a room when you arrive in town if it's not during the high-season. Booking helps to compare different places and price ranges, but you don't have to book on their website.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

BklynBoy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:01 am
I feel uncomfortable reserving online w/ payment. Just because i have had bad experiences etc. Never get money back but maybe things changed? on other hand i have seen rates cheaper via booking.com then going to the actual website.
another factor would be the quality of hotel. Assume if better quality- it's easier to manage

thanks ..
I have heard of hotels actually encouraging walk-ins to make the booking online (while standing at the counter) to take advantage of better prices.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

Roryborealis wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:52 am Also a couple years back now, but I had a pleasant stay at Hari Residence & Spa, off BBU road by the market and river. It was relatively quiet and the pool setup I remember being quite nice.
Hari is awesome with a great buffet breakfast, I stayed at la villa du bonheur right next door which is half the price but is still really great with pool and billiard table and cool French and Khmer staff.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

BklynBoy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:01 am

thanks ..
hotels are NOT allowed to offer lower prices online if they use a 3rd party booking site ( agoda, expedia, booking.com etc etc)
if they do they will be removed> and as most hotels do 60%++ of their business during the low season via 3rd party sites they wont risk it
seems weird , even if you speak with the manger and explain they can make an additional 12-20% of the room price by allowing you a lower price

often you won't even get a lower price if ur a walk in :-)

Booking.com and others, many times you pay on arrival BUT they will charge ur card when u book.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic