Body of New-Born Baby Found in Bag by Bridge

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Body of New-Born Baby Found in Bag by Bridge

Post by phuketrichard »

My take, its little to do with sex tourism>
Girls' when they start working in a bar are told about taking a pill once/day by the mama san

This unexpected "baby" is the result of no sex education in school or home and 2 young kids fucking an the shame of having a kid which the family would reject and she would be forced out of the family
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cambomech
Tourist
Australia

Post by cambomech »

DeparRudeAnts wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:57 am Yes, there's plenty of heartless, inconsiderate selfish drug addicts not caring about their own. Having a boy will probably result in another drug addict, and who knows, he might try to chop your head off or burn your house down later in life. At least a girl can work I'm a bar until she gets hiv
A somewhat dark and cynical view. Yes, many locals and expats leave the care of a child solely to the mother, it's not only drug addicts, sexpats and piss heads that do this. A very sad story.
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:18 am
DeparRudeAnts wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:57 am Yes, there's plenty of heartless, inconsiderate selfish sex tourists not caring about their own.
Fixed that for you
Yes those evil, evil men... All so evil and disgusting..
Don't put words in my mouth Roz.

How did little Suzie's go? Clear the bar?
sumfin smart
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Missus’ niece did this. Trash father results in a trash kid. Without a formal Buddhist funeral, how is the innocent baby expected to be reborn into a better life?

Sorry, stories like this make me bitter.

There are medical terms that don’t have a corresponding Khmer word. Lots of vague words relating to wind, and other stuff. Missus would have to explain in detail to patients because the word doesn’t exist.

Maybe things are different now and all Khmer are highly educated. And every medical term has a corresponding recognized Khmer word.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I think we discussed "wind" before. It doesn't mean wind in the English sense but to be honest I can't remember what it is supposed to mean.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

I had to get off my bike yesterday and pick up a small child - maybe 3-4 years old - that was sitting in the middle of the road.

OK, it's not Monivong, but there's a fair amount of traffic.

People were just driving round her.

I got a dirty look from Mama when I got her attention away from cooking and suggested she keep the kid indoors.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:24 am You forgot to mention sex tourism as a contributor.

Here's a possible scenario:

Woman works in a bar, takes a customer home. He either negotiates to not wear protection or takes it off without her knowledge.
A baby was not in the plan, what does she do with it? It would be too shameful to go back to the province since they think she is working as a waitress in a very nice restaurant.
Too much credit being given to the parents above imho. Lots of them know what their daughters are doing and just turn a blind eye as the cash keep rolling in.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic